“A new name but still very much the same, a good place to stay in Lethbridge.”
Review of Ramada Lethbridge

Ramada Lethbridge
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Alberta, Canada
“A new name but still very much the same, a good place to stay in Lethbridge.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This land mark hotel on Mayor McGrath Drive first called the Heidelberg, then the Best Western Heidelberg is now Ramada Lethbridge. Nothing much has changed although it is claimed that renovations were completed in 2011.
I have stayed there many times over the last half dozen years. It is my preferred hotel in Lethbridge for good value, a quiet night’s sleep and a clean well-appointed room.
It now boasts a free ‘deluxe continental breakfast’ which was served in the adjoining restaurant which does not seem to be open to the public in the morning. It was a good breakfast with the usual cold/dry selections as well as cook your own waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage.

Iike the hotel's solid concrete construction and friendly, competent staff.

Room Tip: A room facing east over a residential neighborhood will be quietest. I like the ones facing south or...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Ramada Lethbridge. I am pleased to hear you have us as your preferred hotel in Lethbridge. We have recently placed microwaves in all of our King rooms for the convenience of our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our eggs and sausage which we have available during weekdays only although all other selections are available over the weekend. We hope to continue to serve you in the future.

Best regards,

Brian Um - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sherwood Park
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel room was very large as was the bathroom. I have to say it was clean as well. On the other hand the brick motif is not exactly the most atteractive. The breakfast was basically cereals, muffins and the like with the exception of a waffle maker which did the job pretty well. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were good enough that we asked the front desk where they bought them. Nice central location. Overall a pretty good deal that cries out for a facelift. It would be a 4 out of 5 if it had it. Would I go back? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Lethbridge. I am glad you enjoyed our large room/bathroom. We also have very large windows that can make for excellent views on our higher floors. Our brick motif is something we are proud of and we feel it gives our hotel a sense of quality and security. If you stay during the week, our breakfast selection also includes eggs and sausages! We hope to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Check on was 3:00 and we waited till 4:30 before our room was cleaned and we could get in.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Waitin

Travelers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just finished my second stay at this hotel, but my first stay since it changed to a Ramada. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is the fact it does not have a pool or hot tub. The room quality is very good. Very clean rooms with comfy beds. I like the old school retro looking brick walls. WiFi was strong and had no issues with it. I did not eat in the restaurant, so I cant comment on that.

Just to be clear, this used to be a Best Western and what was a Ramada with a waterpark in Lethbridge is now a Holiday Inn. I guess its "hotel musical Chairs" in Lethbridge?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Family_Guy
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Ramada Lethbridge. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here. We also are a fan of our brick walls. We hope you try our restaurant next time you are in town. We receive a lot of positive reviews about Namu Korean and Western Grill which is open for dinner only from 4:30pm - 10pm daily. Our Wi-fi has recently undergone an service upgrade for higher speeds for you our valued guests.

We have recently become a Ramada and we hope to continue to be your hotel of choice when you visit Lethbridge!

Warm regards,

Brian Um
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on business, had a great room with flat screen tv, room was was neat and clean, staff was polite, free breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Tinald
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel. Our management and staff work hard to make sure our guests receive great service and nice clean rooms. Thank you for your comments on our deluxe continental breakfast. We hope to welcome you back someday.

Cheers,

London, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The rooms are very outdated. The exposed brick was really too "mod" for me.

The shower needed to be turned all the way on hot and none on cold to even get a good temperature. The nightstand had a lot of dust on it. The TV channels were good. The bedding again, outdated. The bed was very uncomfortable and I woke up very sore the next day (I'm in my 20's, so Its not like I'm extra sensitive to those things).

The elevator is like a small closet and is very old as well. When I got to my floor (5 pm or so), my room was just across from a vending machine which laying beside it was a food tray with an empty beer bottle and dirty dishes. I woke up the next morning and they were still there.

The continental breakfast was alright. The hot food was good. The eggs look really really weird but they were really good. The sausages are nice as well.

I'm not normally this picky but for the price I paid for the room, I expected a lot more.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Frank P, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts during your stay with us, and would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
We had just joined the Ramada family in June 2011. We are constantly improving our hotel. In the past year, our hotel saw upgrades in the bathrooms to a granite vanity, as well as new furniture, and all 32" flatscreen LCD televisions. We are also in the process of upgrading all of our beds to pillow top mattresses. About 30% of our rooms have already been done with more coming in the early new year. We were also the proud recipient of the Housekeeping Award from the Alberta Hotel and Lodging association.

I have reviewed with housekeeping the issue you have brought up with the dusty nightstand. Also, I let the staff of Namu Korean and Western Grill, our onsite restaurant, know that at the end of the night to check rooms that have ordered room service to remove any dishes that guests have set in the hallway rather than have them stay overnight for housekeeping to pick up in the morning.

Thank you again for your comments. With so many choices of hotels to stay in, we strive to deliver each guest a positive experience. I do hope next time you are in Lethbridge, that you give us another opportunity to give you this said experience
cranbrook
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have 4 children and were accomodated into 1 room for a change which was nice. It was an L-shape so we could put 2 to bed early if we wanted. It was nice to have the different pools in the waterslide park to accomodate all the ages of our children.

Room Tip: The large suite is great for large families or groups
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends