“Very pleased!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were visiting Lethbridge, drove past Dono, and decided to take a chance on some Japanesetake-out. We got one of the party trays and had enough rolls for two meals (for under $30!). Tasty, fresh and quickly prepared. Satisfied and would definitely order again, when in the area again!

1  Thank RuralRoadtripper
There are newer reviews for Dono Sushi

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife, kids and I stopped here for supper on our way home from the US. We explained to our server that we were vegetarians, and she did a fantastic job of going through the menu with us to make sure we didn't get anything that even had fish sauce in it. That still left us with plenty to choose from, and it was all fantastic. The decor was very 'Japanese', and my kids loved it. The presentation was great also. If I had anything bad to say, it would be the price, but even that was reasonable for an authentic up-scale restaurant. We will likely come again.

2  Thank Seanwb
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I seriously cant believe I have to write a review on these guys. It was too terrible though. They will get people sick if their delivery is as bad as it was for myself.

1. Timing of delivery: I waited over an hour before calling to ask where my sushi was. The reply was that the driver had the sushi for 1hour in their car and was on their way. I couldnt believe that they wanted me to eat warm raw fish that had been in a hot car for over an hour. They gave me "new" sushi which came 45 minutes later. Overall I waited about 2.5 hours. They didnt call me back to tell me what was going on and when I told them I wasnt eating hours old raw fish that had been in a drivers car they offered no solutions until I told them I wanted a new order delivered in a reasonably timely manner.

2. Terrible sushi: When my sushi did arrive 2.5 hours after I ordered it, it was horrible. The spicy salmon roll has this mushed up pre-made salmon filling not even in full pieces, im guessing they make it hopefully daily; however, it seemed like a very gross, unfresh and lazy way of making salmon sushi. The viking roll has some huge glob of chopped up scallops, yam and "tempura prawns" that were also chopped up into this mish mash glob on top of a california roll. I took a bite into it and there was a nice hard shell of chopped up prawns...very appetizing... At least I hope it was a shell because my teeth actually couldnt bit thru it it was so hard... i had to spit it out and throw the roll out. The Sushi that was supposed to be warm (ie. deep fried prawns) was Ice cold, not an ounce of warmth. Tempura was soft and not crunchy at all either. I was advised I was getting wild salmon when i asked, and it was not. It was disgusting. Actually the worst sushi I have ever had. I much prefer Lighthouse in town and will not be ever going back here.

1  Thank mike t
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ordered a bunch of different sushi rolls which were huge and really good. It tasted fresh and it had all kinds of interesting combinations with avocado, salmon, shrimp etc. - I loved it. Their raw fish was good too. I was not too happy with their soup though, which was just water with tiny tofu cubes but maybe it's just the type of soups I am not fond of. The sushi made it all up, it was really a great experience, especially sharing it in a larger group of friends. I really loved their service - a group of super sweet Japanese guys:)

1  Thank vilgail_s
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Love the atmosphere, and the friendly staff and chefs. This is my favourite sushi place in Lethbridge. It can be a little pricy, but we always leave very satisfied!

2  Thank Anna T