“Good once again with a twist”
Review of El Comal

El Comal
Ranked #34 of 309 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 18, 2019

We had supper here today and the soup and food was good but I was disappointed with the tamale. I've never heard of a shredded beef tamale with potato cubes inside and a bit of shredded beef and cheese on the outside. Definitely not my favourite and will never order that again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

I went tonight for supper with a group of 6. I wasn’t impressed with anything. The food was okay, nothing special, it did come out quickly. The service was bad although when staff came by they were pleasant. I was especially not impressed by paying $3.50 for a Diet Pepsi and that not including a refill. I asked for a refill and the waitress brought it quickly but did not mention I would be charged $1.75 for it. My sister paid $8.75 for a Virgin Peach Margarita.

Overall I’m not sure I would go back. I’m willing to pay for quality food and service but I left El Comal feeling ripped off.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Our second time here on our travels. My husband had the mole poblano the first time we visited. This time we both ordered it. Reminds me so much of the authentic Mexican food we have become fond of.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

I almost always stop for lunch at El Comal. The food is outstanding and I’ve never had a bad meal here. The service is quick and friendly. It’s super casual as well - eclectic decor and always clean.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Three of us went out for supper on Saturday and once again, both the food and service were great. We're going again this week. I recommend this restaurant to everybody that likes Mexican food.

Date of visit: November 2018