“Surprising find!”

The Stoketown Cafe + Cure
Ranked #53 of 309 Restaurants in Lethbridge
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Discovered this place while killing time downtown while a family member was competing. Neat place! Great ambiance, nice and bright. Had the Eggs Benedict and Waffles with whipped maple butter and deep fried chicken breasts; very tasty. Great place for a latte as well.

Trivia from the proprietor: the heavy wooden tables are built from fir harvested British Columbia then shipped to Montreal via the Panama Canal. There it was made into lumber and shipped west to build hangars for the Lethbridge command of the Commonwealth Flight Training Program from WWII. When the hangar was taken down a few years ago, a few of the timbers made it to the restaurant as tables.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I have never personally had a bad meal or drink at this place. It has a nice outside space for animals as well. The staff are welcoming, nice and willing to listen if you have particular needs or wants when it comes to your food orders, or drinks.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I loved the place!!! Very bright and modern atmosphere. Great sandwiches for a quick lunch and the house salada is very tasty!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I thought we'd try out this new place for a Friday lunch date. We got there around 2:30 and the ample sized place had one other customer. I knew I had to place my order at a counter but the lady at the counter was chatting with someone and made no effort to say "I'll be with you in a minute " so I browsed the very limited menu and walked around looking for somewhere to place my order! I did need the chatty lady who told me they were out of the one thing I thought might be good. Unlucky me. We ordered the porchetta and the brisket sandwiches and a soup that as soup of the day, should have been posted in my opinion and fries. The fries were good. The pork had a nasty pesto on it that was very disappointing as I love pork and mustard. The smoked meat was slightly better but not much. Bathrooms are an adventure.
It is very expensive for very small portions. It has a Beautiful new interior design for whatever its next incarnation will be.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2018

New restaurant in Lethbridge. Located in downtown area serving great sandwiches and excellent coffee. Most menu items are in the $13 price range and include the sandwich and a side. The quality is high and service attentive. Looking for an alternative to the fast food chains then this is the place for you. Prices similar but quality beats chains by a country mile. Shows that local businesses can get it right if they pay attention to detail.

Date of visit: February 2018