“Would have been nice if they were open.”
Review of Abyssinian Restaurant - CLOSED

Abyssinian Restaurant
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have dined at this restaurant two times in the past and have had good experiences. I have been wanting to go back and finally thought I would have the chance when my friend from out of town said she would like to go.

It is a pretty small place so I called the evening before to make reservations.

Boy was I surprised, and upset, when we arrived for our Friday night reservation to find the restaurant closed. A Friday night, 6pm, and they are closed. Not a note on the door, not a call to my number that I had given them.

I would normally rate this place a four, but because of this I had to give a two. They lost four customers that night.

2  Thank CSquared31
There are newer reviews for Abyssinian Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Tried it because I have never had Ethiopian food. I did not enjoy the food but that is not to say that those who like this type of food woudl not find this place to be good. Felt like baby-food being all pureed and such?

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We are always pleased with the food and the unique experience Abyssinian offers. But…there is just far to much time between ordering and eating: for us, it was over an hour.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

You have to love Ethiopian cuisine. I don't mind eating with my fingers, but the flatbread is tasteless, and full of empty calories.

1  Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Reviewed November 29, 2011

If you are even slightly interested in ethnic food, then you will love this place. There is nothing else in Lethbridge that offers such an authentic international dining experience. The restaurant is tastefully painted in rich, warm colours, with dark woods and a cosy feel, like a favourite coffee nook. The food is flavourful and filling. And the service has always been good for me. I've gone for lunch, for dinner, and ordered take-out and every time I've been greeted pleasantly and made welcome.

1  Thank MarkOnline