“good food, reasonable prices”
Review of Soft Rock Cafe - CLOSED

Soft Rock Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was quiet when we were there, 5:00pm in a week day in summer. Or family enjoyed the variety of selection and the for was good. The service was quick.

• Visited August 2013

“Sarcastic Waiter, See You Later”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place sucked in multiple ways. First off, the place is crowded, loud, and not cozy like the exterior suggests. The food is mediocre at best. But the worst part was the Great Waffle Debacle!! Let me explain:
I ordered a waffle, and when it came I spread what I thought was butter all over the waffle. After tasting it, I realized it was fruity whipped cream. The menu gave no description that this came with it and it looked just like butter. Naturally, I sent it back. The decent thing to do would be to comp the waffle or at least take half of it off the bill. Our waiter came back and bluntly told us "you're going to have to pay for this" without any sense of being sorry. My mom went up to the counter and began to argue with the manager. After eventually getting the waffle half off, the man turned and saw my dad eating the fruity waffle! My dad thought my mom was getting nowhere and didn't want it to go to waste. The man turned to my mom and said "He's eating the waffle!" He then proceeded to turn around to my dad and say very rudely and sarcastically, "Are you enjoying that waffle?" My naive dad didn't notice the obvious sarcasm luckily. Maybe he shouldn't have eaten the waffle but the manager did not have to be rude about it.
If visiting the otherwise great Alberta again we will definitely not come back and you shouldn't either.

• Visited June 2013
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son and I had planned to have breakfast at the Soft Rock Café because we liked the humorous name and assumed the staff would be friendly, big mistake! The café has huge potential but was let down by the extremely unfriendly and rude staff. Customers have to order at the counter and then collect their own food when it's ready - not easy when you have to make your way through the other people queuing to get to your plates. I waited ages for my coffee and eventually went up to ask where it was - I was very abruptly told I had to get it myself from a machine. As it was my first visit to the café it would have been nice to be told this when I ordered! The food was plentiful but not that nice, we left most of it. Oh and don't use the toilets because they were disgusting. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
knoxville, tn
“Very good eggs Benedict”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped by Soft Rock to hang with some friends who decided to eat lunch there. While we were talking we looked over and saw a customer eating eggs Benedict. We asked him if it was good, and he raved about a it. His had tomatoes and asparagus instead of the usual Canadian bacon. So the next morning we bee-lined it back and had the eggs Benedict for ourselves, which indeed was great! They serve breakfast all day. We had to eat early in order to meet a shuttle. We got our food super fast. Wonderful breakfast!

• Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Decent breakfast for a decent price”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Only issue is the manager/cashier, who is sort of abrupt. My wife asked if the cheese was processed, he replied "Come on! Would I be in business if it was?"
They also got one of the orders wrong, and instead of apologizing, argued that they were right, but gave the correct order once we insisted.

• Visited July 2013