“Casual and tasty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evil Dave's Grill

Evil Dave's Grill
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian, Gluten Free, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Funky, upbeat, family owned restaurant with a globally inspired, locally sourced menu.
Saskatoon,SK
“Casual and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

House wine "twisted" pinot grigio was nice. Blackened salmon was tasty. Hell's Chichen (jerk chicken) was good but thermonuclear! Good service and OK prices $$ for casual and dining.

Visited January 2013

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Finally tried this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been going to Jasper for years, but have never stopped in and tested out Evil Dave's.

My overall review on the restaurant as a whole is pretty positive. The food was great, the service was pretty good and the atmosphere was relaxing. It's kind of pricey for what it is, but they do have really big portions, so it's alright value. They also are very alert of the uprise in people being sensitive to wheat/gluten; I really like seeing a restaurant take this initiative and responsibly post which foods have come into contact with said allergens.

The only two complaints I have about this place are the following:

- The decanters that water is served in are extremely filthy, and it wasn't just ours. I examined the other tables and could actually see that they were just as dirty. I don't know if it's something in the water or if they're simply just not cleaned properly, but it kind of irked me.

- Their debit machine was down and the only option was to leave and walk down the street to the bank to take cash out. I know this might not seem like a big fault, but in my eyes and for the sake of convenience this was some what frustrating. It also was irritating that they didn't compensate for their machines being down; I'm not one to carry cash ever, so you can see as to why this would bother me.

Other than that, I was impressed with the dining experience and would suggest it to others on the basis that Evil Dave's takes these complaints into consideration.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Blake F
MsDay13, Owner at Evil Dave's Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Blake, first of all thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback good and bad. We have addressed the issue with the decanters, it was hard water stains and we are now polishing these after washing and they look 100% better. As for the debit machines being down, your frustrations are our frustrations. We recently changed service providers and have had some issues. Needless to say that has been dealt with as well and the problem remedied! We hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
“amazing food, great option for those with dietary issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant was great, very considerate of dietary requirements and a whole heap of options. I am wheat intolerant and had a fantastic array of options available to me. The menu is a little expensive however being a holiday ski town it is to be expected. Will definitely return if we find ourselves in the area again.

• Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I ate here on one night of our 3 days in Jasper. Food was great! The food is original and priced accordingly. You pay a little extra, but its well worth it.

Service was fantastic and the site is clean and comfortable.

We will absolutely go again if we are in Jasper

Visited October 2012
Hinton, Canada
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Evil Daves for New Years Eve! It was a packed house, but our food didn't take too long and it was excellent!
We have been to this restaurant and were happy to see the great food and service wasn't a one time event.

We will definiately return!
Try the soup! Both times it has been outstanding!

Visited December 2012