“Gross”

Ranked #15 of 91 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Canada's first brewery in a national park, we've been creating a community focused beer culture since 2005. Pop in for a pint and inspired pub fare in Jasper, Alberta.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

None of the food was fresh at this place. I had the salmon ciabatta sandwich w/ fries and I was very disappointed. The salmon was NOT fresh, it came from one of those frozen pre packaged boxes....gross. The tomato on the sandwich was extremely over ripe and was really grainy. The beer is okay, I wouldn't go out of my way for it though when there are so many better beers. Overall I HIGHLY recommend you AVOID this place at alllll costs. Oh yeah and the most easiest thing to make, the fries, were super over cooked and hollow tasting.
The music is also annoying.

Brett I, Owner at Jasper Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback Monica J. That is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your experience. If ever you do not like your order we are happy for the real-time comments as then we can work to ensure all dishes are looking and tasting fresh and delicious and that you enjoy your meal and experience.

Cheers

Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I really liked this place. The beer was fantastic. I had one of the tastiest hamburgers I have eaten here. My wife loved her fish and chips. The service was great, too.

Thank you for your feedback MinasotaBoy. We really appreciate your positive review!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sampled the food and house brew twice last weekend - and was impressed! I had the grilled Salmon and Veggie sandwich, and one of the meal salads the other time. My girlfriend also enjoyed her dishes. Not greasy pub food! Who would of thunk?
Also the Lager and honey brews were great tasting with no funky after tastes. I will pass up the Dead Dog, and easily return here next visit to Jasper.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great beer variety, very creative! The owner / manager also offers tour through the area where they produce their own beer and this is very educational. Atmosphere is nice (modern pub) with some too many screens... I wish they wouldn't connect beer with sports TV all the time. The pub would have had an even nicer atmosphere if there wasn't loud TV all the time everywhere. Food is mediocre, unless you go with the usual fried dishes...

1  Thank Uwe W

Thank you for your feedback Uwe W. Glad you enjoyed the beer and we are actually launching our new menu this spring so please check back to see what's new!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Place was packed but we reserved a table for five. Beer samplers were fun to try. It was so busy that our appetizers and mains took a long time to come but we didn't mind. They did however and bought us a round of drinks as a thank you for our patience. The BBQ steak sandwich and the Cajun chicken were both outstanding. Fish and chips were delicious. Highly recommend this place!

Thank you for your feedback ccsixpack! We are really glad that you enjoyed your experience at Jasper Brewing Co and hope that we will see you again. We also appreciate your patience on those busy nights!