“Game on the Menu Too”
Review of Tekarra Restaurant

Tekarra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tekarra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 93 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our "cabin in the woods", Tekarra Restaurant, Jasper's fine dining experience since 1952. Chef Dale Nutt, and owners Mike and Cyndi Day, created a menu inspired by regional products such as Alberta bison and AAA beef, Wild Boar, free run chicken, and Arctic Char. Our appetizers feature small and shared plates and follow the same theme with meat and cheese boards, house smoked trout, and deviled eggs with bacon jam, to name but a few. Our service team are here to ensure you have an enjoyable, relaxing dining experience. Cheers!
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Tekarra Lodge is about 1km south of Jasper, with this splendid restaurant open to non-residents. This is fine dining indeed, refined, opulent and efficient. As there was local game on the menu, we tarted with Elk Toutiere and Bison Sous Vide, both excellent, though there were at least two or three other starters that were very tempting. The we both enjoyed Arctic Char, this being the only place we found in this region serving this particular fish. Decadent but yummy chocolate souffle to finish. Very good wine list and impeccable service.

2  Thank Jules8Perkins

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Truly impressive, every course is an experience, and some of the food is among the best I've ever tasted. I'm still craving the 'scallop-hoisin pork belly-jackfruit' combination.
This is the only restaurant that I have ever been to where the visual experience goes so far beyond the food itself. It is also the only restaurant I've been to that creates smells with the dishes separate from the food (burning cinnamon & rosemary for example). This is more than just about the food. This is an experience for all of your senses. You will taste, smell and view food in ways you have never experienced before. Whether or not you have eaten all the ingredients that will make up your meal before, you will leave having experienced them in a new way. It is truly an ode to what food can be and a temple for those who love fine dining

Wine pairing maybe a bit expensive, but they have got good labels and some nice beers.
Service was also excellent. Tekarra team is a pro in their business!!

3  Thank Andy P
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm an extreme foodie. When I want to impress friends or clients, this is it. I've never taken anyone to this restaurant who didn't declare it the best food they've ever eaten in their life. Literally everyone.
There are no comparable places in the country.
I can't recommend that you eat any one item because when I visit here I make sure to order at least half the menu. Everything is flawless including the martinis.
Just outside the door you get an incredible view of the river and mountains surrounding it.
I drive from Edmonton to Jasper and back just to eat here. I would fly if I needed to.
Only one thing I'd change, move it closer to civilization so it could be open every day of the year!

5  Thank Vicky D
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a meal here whilst visiting Jasper. Food is expensive but worth it. We both had the steak which was cooked exactly how we asked. Service was good and atmosphere was pleasant.

1  Thank Bazwall1
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been coming here every trip to Jasper since we accidentally discovered it about 10 years ago. This restaurant is my favourite in Canada, hands down. (When we travel, finding excellent cuisine is on the top of our list).

I was there October 3 with two friends. They had the steak and I had the duck. We were all raving about the food. We shared the spiny lobster roll and the deconstructed cabbage rolls as appetizers.

In the past I have had the lamb. My husband loves the pork belly appetizer and I usually have the salmon.

This place is always excellent. I would eat there every night if I could!

5  Thank Pat Y