“Pretty good”

Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in Jasper
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I got a chicken burger which was pretty good but a little small on the portion size. My wife got a beef burger which she liked a lot. Simple place but good service and one of the few places in Jasper with reasonable prices. Next time I'd get the yummy looking breakfasts which kept on being ordered by others, that day.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited Smitty's for a quick breakfast, despite them being very busy the service was excellent and there is a good choice of simple food on the menu. The pancakes are huge and highly recommended, coffee was better than average and my cup was refilled several times without my having to ask. A traditional diner type feel about it, Smitty's was good value for a simple breakfast.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We came in with a table of 9 and it was already packed. The staff got us a set of tables set within 5 minutes of entering the door, that was remarkable!

The food is Smitty's food, so its hearty and not fancy. I had my usual which is steak and eggs, the steak was done right, however it wasn't butchered correctly as I had quite a bit of inedible bits. Everything else was spot on.

The staff were great and professional, the rush obviously does not phase them. I noticed they deal with a lot of jerk customers that come in and complain every 30 seconds as to why they couldn't get their specific tables despite it being already occupied.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

It does the job but its average in every way. It's your standard Smitty's fare, if you have been to one you have been to them all. But if wanted a gourmet breakfast you wouldn't go to Smitty's in the first place.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

On visiting jasper, we ate there on our 2nd day.

Great service, good selection to choose from on menu - and great food.

Eat there each day during the rest of our visit - you have to try there pancakes and maple syrup!