“The best meal of our whole trip!”

Karouzo's Steaks Seafood
Ranked #26 of 91 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Comfortable and family friendly restaurant with a large menu selection. Great food at reasonable prices!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the most delightful waitress and the meal was just fantastic!! We had the steak & ribs and the chicken & ribs - never have we enjoyed a meal as much! This restaurant was the best thing about our stay in Jasper and was quite reasonable too. Thank you for a great experience!

KarouzosSteakhouse, Owner at Karouzo's Steaks Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience at Karouzo's! Great choice having the chicken and ribs and steak and ribs as they are all some of our best sellers. Thank you for the lovely review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had dinner at Karouzo's on our last night in Jasper. We were seated by the window with a partial view of the mountains. The décor was pleasant and the service was friendly and attentive. We did not want to overeat (as we had been doing on most days), so we ordered from the appetizer menu. We started with a small Greek salad and a small spinach salad, then had the bbq ribs and garlic shrimp. They were all generous portions despite being from the appetizer menu. The salads had fresh ingredients (although the tomatoes did not seem to be at peak ripeness), and everything was tasty. For drinks my husband had English Bay pale ale, which he liked, and I had a strawberry daiquiri, which was refreshing but not very sweet (I was told it was made fresh, not from a mix--the ones I've had in the past have probably been from mixes, which probably have more sugar).
We would definitely go back to Karouzo's if we are in Jasper again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Good food, not cheap but seems fair for jasper. Greek as well as weatern food. Big portions & good service.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I live in jasper but tend to eat lunch at home. for a co-worker's birthday our boss treated us to lunch at karouso's. I was pleased to bump into a good number of locals also lunching there! our meals were all good, service also good and the birthday gal was treated to dessert.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Four of us ate here. One dish was burned. My husband's chicken and spaghetti dish was just "okay", but not something he said he'd ever get again, especially for the price. My salad was just fair, but our daughter's seafood pasta dish was gross and stunk like bad fish. She kept trying to put on a brave face and eat it because she knew I wanted her to just return the dish. She's 19 years old now and we wanted her to make the decision on this herself. I took a bite and ended up spitting the shrimp back into my napkin. Later that night, our daughter actually got sick then and spent most of the night fighting back naseau. Thankfully she barely ate any of the dish or it would have been worse. Our waitress was nice, though. She was the only bright spot in the place. The place wasn't that busy for dinner hour. We should have listened to the store clerk where we bought a t-shirt who said many of the locals know not to eat there, but Trip Advisor reviews made me want to try it. YUCK!! One other note: I noticed the couple sitting at one of the tables next to us scowl when eating their food, too. The woman pushed her plate away after only a few bites.

1  Thank turks

We are sorry that you found your meals at our restaurant so 'horrible'. We sell dozens of seafood fettuccini dishes every evening and have never had any complaints like this. If it was so 'horrible' it should have been mentioned to the manager/server and something new could have replaced it along with it taken off of your bill. The other dish you mention; the chicken and spaghetti is actually extremely popular with locals. Just ask the bike shop staff next door, they order it multiple times per week. Not sure which t-shirt shop told you not to eat at Karouzo's....perhaps they thought you meant a different restaurant as we have a very steady local clientele.