“good juice smoothie but so-so breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coco's Cafe

Coco's Cafe
Ranked #34 of 84 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Rockville, MD
“good juice smoothie but so-so breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

After getting a good juice smoothie at this café one afternoon (made to order, and they add as many fruits as you want), we decided to get breakfast here the next morning. Although the menu looked good, the food and drinks were just OK. My husband's bagel was nothing special (especially compared with the one he got a couple of days later at a café a couple blocks away) and he had to have regular coffee because there was no decaf (lack of decaf seems to be a common problem in this part of Canada--maybe not a problem for them, but it was for us). I had a hot dish of couscous with dried fruit and spices, which was interesting but did not have a lot of flavor--though it was filling. My hot chocolate was not really hot and did not have a strong chocolate flavor.
All in all our breakfast was not worth repeating, but this place does seem very popular so maybe other items on the menu are better.

• Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“A great cup of coffee and a tasty wrap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a great place for a quick informal breakfast in Jasper. The coffee is excellent. The breakfast wrap, their speciality, really is amazing with a unique mild curry flavour. Can't wait to eat another one next time we visit. It is very small, so if the weather is nice just grab a couple of wraps and coffees for takeout and enjoy a stroll around downtown.

Visited July 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Good Food & Value but Lacking Atmosphere & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ordered our breakfast at the counter overlooking the cramped & questionably clean kitchen. The man at the counter wasn't overy friendly to us but seemed to converse with the regular clientele. We weren't instructed as to whether we should wait for our food at the counter or be seated. I sat at a table; (there are only about 7 seats inside + 2 outside) while my spouse waited for the food. He stood waiting for about 15 min since the food is made to order. We both ordered waffles; one was served cold since they only have one waffle maker. We had to ask for syrup; (just table-not maple) & were told that they were low on ice when we asked for a glass of ice to add to our water bottle. The oatmeal cinnamin waffles were served with fresh fruit & whipped cream; very tasty. The coffee was a dark roast and the best we had during our week in Alberta.

The bill for 2 coffees + 2 waffles was about $25. We would've returned for the food but the hot, cramped, uncleanly & unfriendly atmosphere forced us elsewhere.

SLC, UT
“Home cooked healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Coco's Café has a friendly atmosphere. My egg burrito and coffee were good. The berry muffin was excellent (whole wheat flour and minimal sugar).

Madison
“friendly and large portion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went during heavily traffic. It took a long long time for the food to come out. Ginger tea I ordered had a very weird taste... shouldn't have ordered a ginger tea anyway. My husband said his latte also had a weird taste as well ... so I wasn't sure what to say. We both ordered breakfast bagels. The scrambled egg came out was unevenly seasoned. Large portion of our egg was super salty. The best part of it was bagel and cream cheese. I'm sure the place would have been better when they are less busy.

• Visited June 2013
Cocosjasper, Owner at Coco's Cafe, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I want to offer my most sincere apologies for your sub-par meal! I only wish you had spoke to someone about your issues while in the cafe so we could've had the opportunity to possibly fix the issue. Without tasting the beverages, I would have no idea what was wrong with them, sorry. But the breakfast bagel gets avocado, which we always put salt & pepper on - we obviously over salted it, and I fully apologize for this, again I only wish you had complained in house and we would've correctly our error. Please, if you are in Jasper again come to the cafe and let us have the opportunity to make it up to you! I would love to fix you an amazing meal, that whether we are busy or slow should be the same each and every time!! We have learned that human error cannot be avoided, but we try to make up for it when we are at fault.