“Eat where the locals eat...”

Bright Spot Family Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 87 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Edmonton, Canada
“Eat where the locals eat...”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Good, simple food,at a reasonable price. Most restaurants in Jasper are over-priced, catering to the tourist market. The Bright Spot is attached to the local PetroCan gas station, so it lacks the glitzy ambience, but the food is just as good (if not better) than the fancy places on the main drag. It's also a lot cheaper!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank petey1955

“A Good Family Value”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

On my recent trip to jasper, my family and I stopped in for some lunch. We ordered a greek pizza , side of fries, and hotwings. The pizza was loaded and excellent. The fries were good the gravy was also good. The hotwings were way better than I expected. For all that and drinks it came to $50, not bad for a family of 5.

• Visited May 2014
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Customer Service Lacking”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

On a recent trip through Jasper I stopped for breakfast at the Bright Spot. It's not so bright. The waitress was robotic and curt.

I ordered a coffee and eggs Benedict and they came with hash browns that were so salty I couldn't eat them and a hollandaise sauce that had far too much vinegar. I was very hungry so I ate what I could and when the waitress came to take my plate and commented on how much was left on it, I expressed that it had not been to my taste, but since I was short on time and hungry that I ate what I could.

There was no comment from her, she took the plate, gave me my bill which I paid leaving no tip. Had the gal at least asked for feedback as to why I did not like my breakfast I would have tipped her, but as she showed no concern for my dislike of the breakfast, I decided to speak with my wallet. Jasper businesses are expensive to support, the cost of getting products into the National Park and Town are high, and no one minds paying higher prices if the service is up to standard and the product it what it should be.

We all have off days, no one is perfect, but as a customer, it is hard when the cook and the waitress are both off at the same time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Belt Drive Bett... C
Vancouver, Canada
“Small quiet decent food”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ate here for breakfast. Food was okay. My kids had pancakes, they loved them. I had eggs Benny. It wasn't great, but was okay. Coffee was really good. The server was fantastic dealing with my very grouchy 9-year old. She got his mood turned around.

Visited April 2014
“Late night mistake”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stopped here for some food late at night while rolling through Jasper. My girlfriend and I each got a pasta dish. The wait took the better part of an hour and we needed to get on the move. Our minds had changed about the order and we wanted to just get back on the road. The waitress suggested we just take it to go, so that's what we did. The food itself was disappointing and we thought it could honestly be compared to a frozen Michelina's pasta dish. Would not come back here again.

Visited September 2013