“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Something Else

Something Else
Ranked #17 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greek, Canadian , Cajun, Mediterranean, Italian cuisine and Steak house. The Balomenos family has been running The Something else restaurant since 1994. Very comfortable and friendly atmosphere with a bit of a European vibe.. Great for big groups, families and romantic dates or just a casual lunch. It is located right in the heart of the downtown on Patrica Street. We also offer a great selection of cocktails, using fresh ingredients and high quality spirits . Come join us. We are excited to show you what great hospitality is all about. Open from 11-11pm
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Haven't eaten here in many years so gave it a try. Was very impressed with the changes to the restaurant since our last visit. Had the lamb kabob and it was excellent! Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I hate to say it was average, but I guess it was. Not outstanding, but good value and good food. It was quite when we there for lunch. Our lunch came fast and was fresh. Friendly service.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I tried this restaurant for the first and last time during a slow period. The service was excellent and friendly, our meals came quickly and the waiter was attentive. I tried the Jambalaya, easy on the spices, which tasted great. Being the first time I've had this with pasta instead of the traditional rice, I was pleasantly surprised. Everything tasted good until I had a bite of the sausage which had a different texture. I cut open a larger piece of the Italian spiced pork sausage and found it raw in the middle so left the sausage and enjoyed the rest. I mentioned this to the waiter who checked with the kitchen and came back to tell me the sausage was smoked and didn't require cooking. I would not recommend a restaurant that cannot tell the difference between fresh and smoked meats.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We always make a point of stopping at this restaurant when in Jasper, be it for take out or for service in the restaurant. The portions are large, the food is great, and the staff is always friendly. The restaurant is run by a local Greek family and has a definite "home" atmosphere to it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Not one of the high points on our trip to The Rockies, whilst the service was good but the food was very average. The roast potatoes were very disappointing, lukewarm and not fresh, more like boiled potatoes quickly re warmed in frying pan. Bar b que chicken was ok, but nothing memorable. Soup was reasonable and warming.