“Jasper 1” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Something Else

Something Else
Ranked #20 of 83 Restaurants in Jasper
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Jasper 1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Following the recommendation of our guide, we had a great dinner. We tried a varity of dishes, e.g. tzatziki, spiced rice with shrimps, blackened chicken, and we liked it all.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
canada
“Terrific place, excellent food, great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I read some reviews and I think to myself; "where did those people go to eat" ????

This place was amazing !!!!! service was excellent, food was cooked to absolute perfection !!! I MEAN excellent. My husband and I went there twice it was so amazing !
I had the Chicken souvlaki both times it was incredible ! my husband had the Lamb the first time and a steak the second and they were both cooked beautifully !!

1 Thank lovesthebeachbabe
Grenoble, France
“Poor food/service and overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Started with the tzatziki, 7$ for just one pita bread cut in four with yoghurt sauce. Then the "creole chicken baked pasta", with out of the can tomato sauce and nothing creole chicken. The donair was with slices of something that neither looked nor tasted like the promised beef, but rather some brown paste. Side salad was fine. Add two cokes and you get a 50$ bill. Waitress didn't care for feedback on the untouched "meat".
Avoid if possible...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Leduc, Alberta, Canada
“Good food! Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were seated immediately. Our waitress Suzy was especially helpful and friendly, even asking the bartender to make us martinis using our recipe as they were not on the menu. The greek food was delicious and the hamburgers (Something Else Burger and Cheeseburger) were very good. Our desserts were delicious, however one of them was slightly frozen. Overall a great choice for lunch!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Not our first (or second) choice, but any harbor in a storm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Totally blew it and forgot to make a reservation at Evil Dave's, tried Earl's but don't wait longer than 15 minutes anywhere. We were walking back to our vehicle and passed by Something Else which seemed busy, and busy generally means good food. After a long day skiing, and a grumpy 11 year old figured we would give it a shot.

We were sat immediately, they even made room in a booth for us, as my wife may have wanted some privacy just in case she had to breast feed our daughter. The server was swift and not over bearing. The food showed up surprisingly fast and was OK. My son and wife had the steaks and I had the chicken souvlaki. My meal was great and my family enjoyed theirs.

The restaurant is aged and could do with some upgraded decor and a little less cluttered menu.

The greek salad was less than expected as it did not have olives and the feta had to be Kraft or a knock off.

Overall it was ok, and we'd return in a pinch.

• 2 of 5 bubbles