Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper
$109
$195
getaroom.com
1,624 results
All reviewshearthstone loungefacing roombreakfast buffetsteam roommain restaurantcomfortable hotelpool and hot tubski tripbeds were comfortableenjoyable staytown centrestayed two nightscanadian rockiesthe main streetmaligne lakeatriumbalcony
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I used the hotel web site to book two rooms for me and my partner, and two friends. I requested queen size beds in the comments (there is no option to do so otherwise) but we were give double beds. We had to wait an hour and a half for the queen sized rooms to be cleaned, but at least they let us stay in the double room in the meantime. The price quoted on the website for the room and breakfast was $201, however my bill ended up being $278. The queen and double rooms are supposed to be the same price. The spa is nice. The rooms are nothing special. The staff were kind enough to let us park a vehicle in their lot while we did a four-day backpacking trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank gneissone
Emjasper, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you were able to be accommodated in the room of your preference in spite of the inability to select upon booking. It is exceptional to hear you were able to utilize another room prior to your check in, that is rare for the season, and I'm thrilled we could accommodate you until your preferences were met.

We do list our Deluxe Queen Balcony room type for booking on our property website, however only the Atrium Double room type on other sites. Regarding the rate discrepancy you experienced, we do have an upgrade fee of $20 for a Balcony room, also breakfast can be an 'add on' on some websites so I strongly reccommend contacting the hotel directly or reserving directly through our website when placing your reservation to ensure your preferences are received at a property level.

Thank you again, and I hope you will visit in future.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We traveled from Edmonton after work so it was quite late on a Thursday night when we checked in. Absolutely NO parking anywhere. We have a brand new vehicle, so after my husband refused to "park on the street" as the clerk suggested, he parked in the bus zone for the night and the clerk let security know it was OK. The room was decent enough but I wouldn't call it a "deluxe" balcony room as the Sawridge describes it on their website. It was a regular sized room with a small bathroom and a small balcony about 6 or 7 feet off the ground with two worn out plastic Walmart (maybe Canadian Tire) $5 patio chairs. The hotel was quiet enough for the 3 nights we were there. We had the breakfast buffet for 2 of the 3 mornings we were there (they tried to charge us for all 3 mornings, so I had to clear that up upon checkout). Pretty decent for $13.95, but we're not fussy eaters either. I thought the complimentary coffee in the lobby for hotel guests in the mronings was a nice touch. We used the "outdoor?" hot tub on the last night we were there and were promptly shown the door at 10pm (closing time) only to discover when we got back to our room it was actually only 9:50pm.....I guess the clock in the hot tub area is purposely set AHEAD by 10 minutes???? Not sure why? All in all it was a relatively nice stay that was somewhat overpriced....but hey, what mountain park hotel ISN'T overpriced during tourist season?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilpeach101

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry you experienced a discrepancy with your billing upon departure, as well as trouble finding parking. We do offer packages with breakfast included, or you may dine at your will and have breakfast charged to your room (I trust this was promptly resolved at the front desk). I'm pleased to hear the agent supported the solution for parking, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the coffee in the mornings as well as the hot tub during your stay.
We hope to have you return.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our King room was clean and very comfortable. It had a small balcony but unfortunately we had no time to use it. The hotel staff were all excellent and seemed to go out of their way to make their guests comfortable. This was also true of the staff at Walter's Dining Room within the hotel where we had great food served by some of the best wait staff we've ever encountered. Congratulations Sawridge, your personnel are first rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ratherbetraveking

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2010

The hotel was fairly comfortable apart from the chlorine smell of the indoor pool very close to the restaurant. The breakfast was very disappointing with very dry and tasteless scrambled eggs, and very fatty and cold bacon. The coffee was also weak and tasteless, a common problem we found with most of the coffee we had in Canada. An exception was the Blenz cafe chain where we always got a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CriticP

Thank you for your comments. We'll be addressing your observations of the breakfast buffet, and are appreciative of the feedback.
I hope you we will see you in future should you return to the Rockies!

Reviewed July 18, 2010

Quiet hotel with great service, in a beautiful mountain town. My dad and I had an outside room with a balcony and two queen beds, facing southwest. Freight trains across the street, but we had no noise problems even with the balcony doors open at night. Good dinner in the Hearthstone Lounge, comfortable atmosphere with great service: bison meatloaf and "mooseberry" crumble (mixed local berries), with a very good espresso. Breakfast was not great: pancakes tough, eggs cold and weak coffee. However, the staff was friendly and helpful, and it's a short walk into town for other breakfast options. We were very happy with the hotel overall, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends