“Definitely A Great Hotel!”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, Canada
“Definitely A Great Hotel!”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

After a horrendous experience at Pocahontas Cabins, we were pleasantly surprised to find a clean room, working internet, and a quiet and peaceful location! About 6pm at night, we opened our door to find a VERY upset little boy looking for his parents. I took him to the Front Desk so they could call the room, turns out they were in the Gift Shop.. Front Desk was very helpful and pleasant in helping us locate his parents, although the parents didn't say a word of thanks! The room service was excellent, the staff was really friendly! Glad to know there's such a wonderful hotel in Jasper that we can stay at for a reasonable rate!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ab_girl12
Emjasper, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We're pleased you joined us and were able to relax for a true Sawridge Jasper experience during one of the most beautiful and busy seasons in the Canadian Rockies. Might I also commend you on your act of good will!
We look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards,
Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manchester, England
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Had two nights here, and whilst nice, the rooms are nothing special. I think the hotel is in the process of an upgrade, and our room certainly looked a little dated.
That said, the staff were pleasant and efficient - and gave us a free upgrade, although to be honest, we would have preferred to have been in the room with a king bed, rather than two queens.
It's the last hotel on the way out of Jasper (if you're heading North East), which meant we were a bit of a walk from town. However, the advantage was having Elk roaming around outside the front door whilst having a drink in the bar!
Other than that, don't expect anything too special, although the hot tubs are great (when you find them), and the towels for the pool etc are a little small!
The downstairs bar must be a bit of a hit as there were plenty of local types there, and they serve great hotwings!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jt0475
Emjasper, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely the hot spot for the elk in the evening, and the town on a Wednesday night. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the wings, we've had people from all over the continent return remembering us for our chicken wings!
We do have a number of king bedded rooms, please reserve room type accordingly when placing your reservation; we cannot guarantee requests. I am pleased we were able to upgrade your room, we will try to provide such services when inventory allows.
Best regards,
Sydney
Reviewed May 15, 2010

This location is located on the end of the main road and quiet. We initially had an internal room before being upgraded to a room with a balcony and view. Either would have been fine with us. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are comfortable. It has an indoor pool, which we didn’t use, which is strangely located with those internal rooms looking down on it.

We had two dinners at the Hotel’s Hearthstone Lounge and it was excellent. We were given one morning of free continental breakfast. I’m glad we didn’t pay for it as it wasn’t a very impressive selection with overcooked eggs and stale baked goods.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fluffybundles
Emjasper, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear you were comfortable with us. Please do let us know if you feel the breakfast buffet requires replenishment, we will ensure fresh food is promptly served (it's a shame to hear it wasn't appealing, it is actually one of my favourite meals at our property). A fresh a la carte menu is also available. I'm glad you enjoyed your other meals, and hope you'll return to visit us again should you return to Western Canada.
Willis, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed four nights and were very comfortable. It was nice having a balcony and the room was a very nice size. Would be nice if the beds were a bit more comfy, but we managed just fine. The service in the restaurants were excellent as was the food. The front desk person could have been a bit nicer, but that is just me coming from Texas I guess. Anyway, our time in Jasper was fabulous!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MommaSwigg
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. Usually we're known for our Canadian charm, so I sincerely apologize we didn't live up to our own standard during your interaction. I'm so glad to hear our food and beverage outlets were enjoyable. Please don't ever hesitate to let us know if you prefer a certain type bedding, we do have newer mattresses as well as mattress pads to cater to your sleep preference. We look forward to your next trip to Jasper.
Winnipeg
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Check-in was handled efficiently and professionally. Upon booking online, I had inadvertently selected "1 Adult", rather than "2", so was booked into a room with a king-sized bed. As much as I love my sister, we definitely require separate beds for a good night's sleep! The staff assisting me were excellent in promptly changing the room to meet our needs. Nothing fancy about the room itself... two nice and comfortable queen sized beds... well-functioning electronics... in-room refrigerator... and nice, fluffy and cozy bath robes. Hotel staff were always pleasant, friendly, and professional, including housekeeping staff, whom we encountered a couple of times during our stay. The room also has a nice sized balcony, with outstanding views of the natural beauty Jasper has to offer. There were a couple of minor glitches during our stay... a toilet that ran throughout the night and a facet (in the bathroom sink) that was impossible to turn off! Additionally, there were some very rowdy guests next door who perhaps had a few too many! Their loud, intoxicated behavior was very disruptive. These issues were brought to the attention of hotel staff the next morning. I was subsequently contacted by the hotel manager, who advised that the maintenance issues had been promptly addressed, and that security had spoken with the noisy guests the night before. The personal response from the manager, with a genuine apology for the inconvenience and disruption, was greatly appreciated. The manager's dedication to ensuring that guests enjoy their stay exemplifies the outstanding customer service that brings guests back to this hotel time after time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank WinnipegGuest
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to see you brought your concerns to our attention and they were promptly addressed by our staff and management. It is indeed our pleasure and our goal to ensure you enjoy your stay, as well as feel safe and comfortable at all times.
We look forward to your return.
Edmonton
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I have stayed at this particular hotel before and it has been okay. The company I was with usually rents from here atleast twice a year...20+ rooms/per trip. This past ocassion I had the unfortunate incident of finding out our room had bedbugs. I was the one that lucked out gettin bitten atleast a dozen times...on my arms, legs and FACE! We I personally killed 3 bugs and informed management. We were moved to another room(downgrade from 2 beds to 1).It really made me dissapointed because I needed to go on medication, I could not use the hottub(poor pool hours on top of everything else as well) and to cancel going to the hotsprings(heat makes the itching and bites worse. ) I was horendously itchy for DAYS!! We had to freeze and launder EVERYTHING we brought, including a playpen...alot of extra work for me...Several weeks later I recieved a coupon for a free night(not even an upgraded room) I was very disappointed with the compensation I recieved...I gave the free nightstay to someone else. The company I came with was even more disapointed and have decided not to book at the Sawridge this coming up trip. It is unfortunate that there customer compensation for such an experience will end up costing them in the end. It has also been left upto me if this company stays at this hotel again...only time will tell. On a positive note, they did bring in exterminators very quickly to spray our room and the rooms surrounding it,

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HappytrailsEdmonton
Emjasper, Front Office/Revenue Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
It is fact that Cimex lectularius (bed bugs) are making a resurgence throughout north America, primarily due to the end of DDT usage. It is important to know that bed bugs are totally indiscriminate to their surroundings as they are likely to appear in both sterile and unsavoury environments. It is equally important to realize that bed bugs do not originate within any hotel or accommodation facilities, but rather are brought in through human activity. The Sawridge Inn Jasper has very stringent policies in place for dealing with this unfortunate situation. First off, the housekeeping staff are thoroughly trained on recognising any sign of such activity, in spite of its extreme rarity. Secondly, the guest room(s) involved are immediately taken out of order along with surrounding accommodation units. The areas are then treated per current exterminator industry standards. The local health inspector is subsequently invited to inspect the facilities before the latter are re-activated into inventory. This process was thoroughly followed with this particular case, with a 100% prompt elimination of the problem. After thorough inspection and treatment this room was cleared for use the next day. Whilst we fully realize the inconvenience caused by this unfortunate situation, our Management team was in contact with our guests multiple times in this situation, and compensation was provided. Though our re-inviation is provided on a per availability basis, utmost effort is made to upgrade the room. We feel it is also notable that the move to a room with King bed was actually an upgrade – and not a downgrade.
Edmonton
Reviewed April 10, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews, we had some reservations about staying here but these were quickly cast aside. Reserving through the AB Motor Assoc. two-for-one deal was a real pain (due to AMA, not Sawridge!) and Emily (Sawridge Manager) was exellent in resolving this. She was responsive to my many email and even provided a gift basket to our family upon arrival ~ which they really didn't need to do. This hotel has all the amenities and appears to be in better shape than most in Jasper. The pool and hot tub were undergoing significant repair / upgrading. The room was very comfortable. Staff were very responsive to speacial requests (I.e. for crib). It tells me somthing about a hotel when you ask for one more coffee and towel and, isntead, receive three of each within minutes!! We'll be back! Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Harvard689
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so grateful you didn't give up despite your initial challenges when trying to reserve the special deal. It is always recommended to contact the hotel directly when encountering such issues. We look forward to your next visit!