Grizzly's Den Bed and Breakfast
$193
getaroom.com
All reviewscomfortable suitebasement suitepinecerealnoisebeds
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We recently enjoyed a stay of three nights at the Den! The Pine Suite was perfectly suited to our needs. We could come and go through our own private entrance; we had our own parking spot; the Suite was immaculate, with all the facilities we could wish for. It is well-placed in Jasper for a pleasant stroll round the town.
A quiet and comfortable suite - we would happily return!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank EmdeeChiddingfold
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Having read other reports I was really worried about this place, however I had already booked it and it was too late to find somewhere else. But I have to say that we were really happy there. We were in the pine suite which was completley self contained with separate entrance (can not comment on birch suite mentioned by others). Continental style breakfast was fine - it was enough, with great coffee and just enough cereal and toast (not too much, but enough). Beds etc extremely confortable.
I am a very light sleeper but did not have any problems sleeping (we were there 3 nights, and based on previous reviews I had taken ear plugs, but I did not bother with then on the 2nd and 3rd nights). The pine suite is below the owners quarters, and it is true that we could easily hear muffled talking and moving around, but I think they were trying to be considerate and it did not affect us in a negative way at all.
Location is superb -5 mins to all "downtown" restaurants and shops.
So overall we were extremely happy with the pine suite and would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank TimAlton
Reviewed September 9, 2006

Pros:
-beautiful decor
-feather blankets & pillows
-generous breakfast (bread, jams, ceral, fresh milk)
-the best coffee I had on my whole trip
-delicious smelling soaps

Cons:

-not a private entrance..though owner said it was when booking..

- the Birch Suite entrance is through the owner's living room

- can hear through the next suite (hear everything!)

- can hear everything upstairs as well.. including agruements & screaming!

- could hear the phones ringing and door bells

- very very very loud... would never recommend this place

- in wee hours of morning I was awaken by owners upstairs running around the house with their shoes on... making coffee and talking.... I thought it was time to get up. It was only 2:30AM!

- it was very disappointing...b/c they had my credit card on file & require 2 weeks cancellation notice, I couldn't even cancel it after the first night

- was very upset with the accomodations and certainly would not recommend it to anyone who would like a good nights sleep...

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Queenlisab
Reviewed September 2, 2006

Wow. 2:00AM and they're making coffee. Boy, are they loud. Wouldn't be bad except for the fact that I like to sleep at that hour. Maybe it's me. No.. no.. maybe its them. Yup. Definately them. Serously folks, I like to sleep at night. If you are the same way (crazy, I know) then you may not enjoy your stay.

Also, the suite that we "enjoyed" had no private entrance. Pity.

I must say we enjoyed the bread/jam/coffee/milk/orange juice.

It was clean.

It was not quiet.

I do not like hearing phones ringing, doorbells dinging, and people doing dishes/whatever at 2:00am. Will not stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2006
11  Thank Veinless
Reviewed January 26, 2005

Great little place in the quaint town of Jasper, close to downtown, great facitlites in this little B&B.

• Stayed: January 2005