“You will love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Raven Bistro

The Raven Bistro
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy, modern, Moroccan-Fusion Restaurant with local flair.
Edmonton, Canada
“You will love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have not had a more enjoyable time going out for dinner in Jasper in a long time.
The food is AMAZING! Friendly staff with fantastic service. This place is a must for everyone.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointingly Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was really excited about eating here as the menu had a handful of interesting sounding veggie dishes. We popped in to ask if we needed to book for the following evening and was told no, that it would be fine to just pop in. Well, when we did pop in the next night it was chocker, we were told there were no tables for well over an hour, so we pencilled that in and went to the pub next door, watched the Ice Hockey and headed back to The Raven, it was getting late and a bit ragged around the edges by then, we ordered. Both our dishes were dry and not very substantial. I forget what I ordered but I do remember thinking that it could easily have fulfilled the role of any of the listed vegetarian options. All in all a quite disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank silentboo
“Tasty treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for the night in Jasper and decided to trip advisor restaurants. The Raven Bistro is a new surprise in town. The salad was fresh and dressing tasty, carrot ginger soup was delicious. Our main course was the chicken for me and the pasta fresco. Both were incredible treats to our palates.
Well worth the visit to this little restaurant.

Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were up in Jasper for the weekend (just before Christmas) and tried The Raven Bistro. It's relatively new to Jasper and I'd read good reviews about it. We took our 2 kids (11 and 15) and they also really enjoyed it. There is no kids' menu and it's a small one room restaurant so I wouldn't recommend taking little kids (esp. noisy picky eaters). We tried the calamari, soup, the seafood pot and the three pharaohs plus dessert (home made ice cream and the bread pudding). All the dishes were decently portioned and delicious. The dessert was well received by the whole family (totally loved the bread pudding!). My teenage son thought there should be more pieces of meat in the three pharaohs dish but I thought it was fine. The flavours were unique and exotic. The wine list and the beer choices were decent as well. Our server was pleasant and knew her job well. The only complaint I have is that our table was near the front door on a cold night (which is half the year in Jasper) and every time someone came in/out, we got a burst of icy air aimed right at us. We did mention it to our server and she said that was a common complaint and they are trying to figure something out. All in all, I would definitely recommend it to others and would gladly go back.

• Visited December 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“divine food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

great ambience, awesome food. Get the couches if you can, really comfy spot to enjoy the food and wine. Pecan crusted trout was incredible and the best range of vegetarian options I have seen in town.

Visited December 2013