“Great Wildlife Tour, A Must Do”

Jasper Tour Company
Ranked #1 of 22 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Jasper Tour Company offers fun, adventurous, sightseeing trips in Jasper National Park. Whether it's a visit up the Maligne Valley to see her crown jewel, Spirit Island, a winter's walk through the depths of the frozen Magline Canyon, or a search for some of the Rocky Mountains wild inhabitants such as bears, any adventure with the Jasper Tour Company can be described as "simply the best!".
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wildlife Tour, A Must Do”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a great tour. Very informative and Joe is a naturally enthusiastic and humorous guide, its like being out with 1 of your mates. He is knowledgeable on a variety of subjects and obviously loves all things nature. Brilliant photo opportunities.
Went on a small bus and he wasn't at all concerned about what the time was when we got back.
We would certainly do it all again. Loved it and saw Black bear & cub, Longhorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Deer, glimpse of Coyote pups, Elk and best of all a Grey Wolf and Grizzly.

1 Thank Simon N

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been to Canada four times now and this trip was awesome. Joe is friendly funny and has a sixth sense for spotting animals. I vert rarely write reviews, but this was truly first class and ecxellent value for money. i have some great photos as well.

will definitly use again. if you do nothing else in Jasper do this

1 Thank retsub5
Huntington, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wildlife Tour:”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

On the plane ride home from Calgary to Newark, my wife asked our 8 year old twins what was their favorite part of the Banff/Jasper vacation. My daughter said the wildlife tour and I totally see why. It was a great trip. First of all, Joe Urie, our guide, was amazing. I knew right from the handshake and smile Joe gave me when he picked us up at our hotel that he was a great guy. He was the type of guy I would want to be friends with. He was energetic, funny, informative, but not over the top. There were three families on our trip: one from England, one from Belgium, and we were from NY. Joe didn't call us by our names, he called us by our countries, and every time someone spotted wild life, their country got a gold medal. My son was so into the contest, he kept making sure every family member was looking. Unfortunately USA lost. England made an amazing spotting of a mountain goat grazing on a nearly vertical incline. My daughter couldn't spot the goat while everyone saw it, so Joe immediately brought out an amazing video camera on a tripod and zoomed in and focused the camera on the goat. After seeing the goat on the video camera screen, my daughter was able to spot the goat with her own eyes. Belgium spotted the black bear. To me, this was the highlight of the tour. It was absolutely amazing seeing this big bear moving from berry bush to berry bush fifteen meters away from the van. I simultaneously saw a deer the same time England saw it. We also saw a coyote, two bald eagles, and six elk. What made the trip so wonderful to me was the way our guide Joe told us stories. He kept us entertained with cool stories and facts. And when we could not find a big male elk with antlers, he brought out a huge 7 point antler from the back of the van and we passed it around. At the end of the tour, I told Joe I think he should write a book with all of his stories and photos. The bottom line, the trip was wonderful. The only negative thing I could say is that my wife thought the trip was too long because Joe kept us out for over three hours. This was because Joe really wanted to show us everything. I enjoyed every minute.

1 Thank RichardSlesinski
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Wildlife Tour!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We're a family from Sydney, Australia and went on the wildlife tour on the 21st of August. It's safe to say that this is pretty much the best tour we have ever done in all of our travels. We were picked up from our hotel right on time, then picked up 3 other groups. You go in a 12 seater bus, but this company makes sure not to overbook the bus to ensure everyone gets a window seat for prime wildlife viewing. Joe (the owner of the company, and head tour guide) is absolutely amazing. He is so enthusiastic about Jasper National Park and it's wildlife. He gives information and facts about not only the areas, but also the wildlife, including animals that you won't see on the tour like beavers and polar bears. Joe provides many laughs with his jokes and interesting, funny stories. His passion for Jasper is clear from the start. Joe knows all the best places to take you to see wildlife. We saw elk, coyote, bald eagles, a woodpecker, blue herrons, and bighorn sheep. We also got to see a beaver dam and lodge. Along the way, we did see a bighorn sheep mother that had been hit by a car and was dead on the road. It's two lambs were so lost and confused and didn't know what to do. They kept darting across the road. It was heartbreaking to watch, but Joe handled the situation so well. He moved the sheep off of the road, and then called Parks Canada to the scene. By the end of the 3.5 hours of the tour, we still hadn't seen a bear. Joe asked if anyone had plans or dinner reservations to get to, but no one did, so he extended the tour for an extra 15 minutes just so we got to see a bear. And we did! We saw a black bear. During the tour it was raining on and off, so we got to see some spectacular rainbows. Whenever Joe stopped the bus for us to take photos, he always made sure that every person had a chance to see the animal, and take all the photos they wanted. When we stopped for photos of the rainbow, Joe even hopped out of the bus and wiped the rain off the windows so we could get better photos! After the tour ended, you couldn't wipe the smiles off of our faces, and we have already raved about this tour to everybody back home. We're definitely regretting not doing the Maligne Valley tour with Joe. If we're ever in Jasper again, we will most definitely be doing this tour again.

4 Thank eeemily678
Livingston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cough up the cash”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Brilliant, informative, enthusiastic and humorous guide (without being OTT irritating). Fun and interesting, good photo opportunties. Ideal for solo travellers, families etc. Me and my eight year old daughter enjoyed it immensely.

Intend to go back in the winter to look for wolves and moose :-)

Visited July 2012