“Best experience!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton
“Best experience!”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The Tonquin Inn was a great experience for my family. The staff were GREAT! They took care of our every need. The room was very clean and kept that way by the their amazing housekeeping staff. They even looked out for my dog. When the housekeeping staff noticed that I had forgotten to bring my dogs food dishes and had to use a plate they brought us a complimentary dog dish. Thats the kind of "service" that deserves a repeat visit from us and you as well. I highly recommened staying here. Beautiful view, great staff, nice clean rooms, great swimming for the kids, and hot tubs for the adults to relax in. Dosen't get any better than that.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing... Had a GREAT time
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank travelgurl26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2008

The Tonquin Inn has all the appearances inside and outside of a well used 1960's motel complete with popcorn ceilings and vinyl bathroom flooring. Our room appeared to have been recently painted but the color choice was dark and uninspiring. The carpet was stained and the upholstry of the sole chair provided was so disgustingly filthy that both my wife and I refused to touch it let alone sit on it. The state of the carpet and chair cast considerable doubt on the efficiency of the motel's housekeeping. It is hard to believe that the management of a motel that charges in excess of $200 per night could be so uncaring or inept to have allowed furnishings in the state of the chair to remain in a guestroom.

On a positive note the mattress and bed linen appeared reasonably new (which is more that can be said for the bedcover), our room was quiet and was supplied with basic toileteries, hair dryer etc.

Our stay in the Tonquin Inn could only be described as a sad conclusion to a spectacular journey between Banff and Jasper.

• Liked — Proximity to city center
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank vacationingtraveller

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

atlanta
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Loved the Tonquin Inn in Jasper. We experienced the jasper hospitality and wonderful view of the mountains at this inn. We stayed at the room#200 and loved everything about this place. It was spacious and was home away from home. After being on the road for 7 days, the bed at tonquin inn will relax and recharge anyone. I will recommed this place for family with kids. Very good location and good service.

• Liked — Spacious room and good location
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

1) Very clean
2) Pleasant and helpful staff
3) Comfortable room
4) Good access (walking) to Jasper and restaurants
5) Loved to walk to the Bear Paw Bakery!

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff and walking distance from restaurants in Jasper
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank BugladyJ
Kilmarnock, Scotland
Reviewed June 26, 2008

18-20 Jun 08

Stayed at the Tonquin Inn in Jasper for two nights. In my opinion it is a wonderful hotel! We booked through Canadian Affair in the UK, so I am not sure how much one would actually pay if contacting the hotel direct.

The hotel is very easy to find in Jasper. The hotel staff are very friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Guests who need wheelchair access seem to be well catered for and the lift/elevators were fitted with handily placed call buttons.

The guest bedrooms/suites vary in size and location. We had a room with a king size bed. Not the normal UK size though, I could have landed a jet on it! Very nice. We had a room at the rear of the complex, so it was very quiet.

The room and hotel were neat, tidy and immaculate. The only downside, if it is a downside, is the distance from the "action" in Jasper. The main shopping area is a ten minute stroll, but hey, with scenery like that, who cares? There is also plenty of car park space if you don't want to walk.

A wonderful hotel, extremely well run, which I intend to stay longer at, on my next visit!

Try it!

• Liked — The huge comfortable bed!
  • Disliked — Can't fault anything.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheTrain546
Edmonton
Reviewed June 22, 2008

My wife and I go to Jasper every few years. We have stayed at the Tonquin before and were satisfied with our stay in the past.
This time we were absolutely blown away with the changes that the hotel has done since we were there last.
Their Beds! their beds! wow! Absolutely one of the best sleeps we have had and generally myself I get 5-6 hours a night and I slept easily 8-9 hours .Obviously the beds must be new and great! The bedding was so comfortable pillows everywhere and the bed really made you want to jump in! the room itself was a suite and it had new carpets and a nice smell as we came in new furniture and gave a fantastic impression .obviously our money from last time went into new stuff! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helped us plan a bunch of stuff we wouldnt have even known about!
All in all from the appearance of the outer hotel ,to the people and the housekeeping things have come along way since we stayed here last! We will be back and alot sooner ,as we have seen alot more things in Jasper thanks to the great people there than we normally would have.We wished the weather wouldve been better for our stay but next time!
Thanks! and keep up the great work we will be back!
Miriam and Jim Macdonald

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — it was raining
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surff70
CANBluesfan
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Traveling through Jasper on business, I came across the Tonquin Inn. I needed a relatively inexpensive place to stay as I was traveling through.
My brief stopover was fantastic because of the service and beauty of the Tonquin inn.
The Front Desk staff was helpful and even gave me a deal as I told them I was just traveling through! they also helped me find a place to eat, great recommendation!
Relaxing from my long drive, I sat on the patio and enjoyed the scenic view of the mountains. Low and behold, across the street from the hotel came a herd of Elk. There must have been 10 or more, just casually strolling down the street. They ever hung out on the hotel's front lawn!
I highly recommend this location! I know I’ll be staying there when I can finally get to Jasper for some much needed R&R.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business