“Terrific Tonquin Inn”

1) Very clean
2) Pleasant and helpful staff
3) Comfortable room
4) Good access (walking) to Jasper and restaurants
5) Loved to walk to the Bear Paw Bakery!

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff and walking distance from restaurants in Jasper
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank BugladyJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, Scotland
Reviewed June 26, 2008

18-20 Jun 08

Stayed at the Tonquin Inn in Jasper for two nights. In my opinion it is a wonderful hotel! We booked through Canadian Affair in the UK, so I am not sure how much one would actually pay if contacting the hotel direct.

The hotel is very easy to find in Jasper. The hotel staff are very friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Guests who need wheelchair access seem to be well catered for and the lift/elevators were fitted with handily placed call buttons.

The guest bedrooms/suites vary in size and location. We had a room with a king size bed. Not the normal UK size though, I could have landed a jet on it! Very nice. We had a room at the rear of the complex, so it was very quiet.

The room and hotel were neat, tidy and immaculate. The only downside, if it is a downside, is the distance from the "action" in Jasper. The main shopping area is a ten minute stroll, but hey, with scenery like that, who cares? There is also plenty of car park space if you don't want to walk.

A wonderful hotel, extremely well run, which I intend to stay longer at, on my next visit!

Try it!

• Liked — The huge comfortable bed!
  • Disliked — Can't fault anything.
2 Thank TheTrain546
Edmonton
Reviewed June 22, 2008

My wife and I go to Jasper every few years. We have stayed at the Tonquin before and were satisfied with our stay in the past.
This time we were absolutely blown away with the changes that the hotel has done since we were there last.
Their Beds! their beds! wow! Absolutely one of the best sleeps we have had and generally myself I get 5-6 hours a night and I slept easily 8-9 hours .Obviously the beds must be new and great! The bedding was so comfortable pillows everywhere and the bed really made you want to jump in! the room itself was a suite and it had new carpets and a nice smell as we came in new furniture and gave a fantastic impression .obviously our money from last time went into new stuff! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helped us plan a bunch of stuff we wouldnt have even known about!
All in all from the appearance of the outer hotel ,to the people and the housekeeping things have come along way since we stayed here last! We will be back and alot sooner ,as we have seen alot more things in Jasper thanks to the great people there than we normally would have.We wished the weather wouldve been better for our stay but next time!
Thanks! and keep up the great work we will be back!
Miriam and Jim Macdonald

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — it was raining
1 Thank surff70
CANBluesfan
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Traveling through Jasper on business, I came across the Tonquin Inn. I needed a relatively inexpensive place to stay as I was traveling through.
My brief stopover was fantastic because of the service and beauty of the Tonquin inn.
The Front Desk staff was helpful and even gave me a deal as I told them I was just traveling through! they also helped me find a place to eat, great recommendation!
Relaxing from my long drive, I sat on the patio and enjoyed the scenic view of the mountains. Low and behold, across the street from the hotel came a herd of Elk. There must have been 10 or more, just casually strolling down the street. They ever hung out on the hotel's front lawn!
I highly recommend this location! I know I’ll be staying there when I can finally get to Jasper for some much needed R&R.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CANBluesfan
Alberta
Reviewed June 8, 2008

During our stay at the Tonquin Inn we found the staff very polite and knowledgable. The room was very clean when we checked in and we really enjoyed the wood burning fireplace in our suite. The bed was super comfortable. We will return to the Tonquin on our next visit to Jasper.

• Liked — Fireplace
  • Disliked — There were a few light bulbs burnt out
2 Thank Fiver99
Ontario
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I was in Jasper working on the pipeline job, which meant I would be living in a hotel for months at a time. The company made arrangements for rooms with the Decore Hotels (Maligne Lodge, Tonquin Inn). I ended up in the Tonquin. I have stayed in all 3 room types...
1: staff were very rude and unhelpful to me or if my wife came to visit for a few days.
2: Restaurant service poor and expensive.
3: Room is over priced... During my stay I was FORCED to relocate for the weekend so I moved to the Marmot.... It was cheaper than the Tonquin and the room was 100% better.
4: Room size and quality of service was poor. Tiny beds, horrible house keeping, poor room setup ie: kitchenette cramped, bathroom has tiny vanity, cramped out dated bathroom.
5: Washing machines in poor working order... Do not wash well and the dryers do not function properly either.
6: Pool is small and was always cold!
Overall quality of the stay was very poor for the money I had to pay. Would recommend any other hotel in Jasper. Tonquin is by far the worst for quality, service and price!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank mk_srt8

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels