Tonquin Inn
$106
Travelocity
$78
1,119 results
All reviewsprime ribfamily suiteindoor poolthird floorbeds were very comfortableseparate bedroomcoffee makerliving areafull kitchenthe main streetlake louisetubsfireplacekitchenettesaunaskiingedmonton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the king size bedroom 3 weeks ago and were very impressed with the renovations made to the room. Extremely comfortable bed, mondern furniture, flat screen tv, small but funtional bathroom.
The room was small but very well docorated and cozy. We were also very happy with the outdoor hot tub and quality of service at the front dest. I would recommend this hotel to other's and plan to book again this weekend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for submitting your review of your stay at the Tonquin Inn. I am happy that you were impressed with our renovations and that you would recommend our hotel. I am especially happy that you received excellent service from my front desk staff and will definitely pass on your comments to them. I look foward to welcoming you back to the Tonquin Inn in the near future. Please contact me directly so i can make the reservation for you.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the Tonquin Inn, June 2012, tourist season was just starting, with no reservations we got a room on the ground level. The Inn is located on the edge of town but was only 3 blocks from the mercantile stores and restaurants.
We opted to go with the food option, breakfast buffet and it was worth the extra money. Buffet had everything you might want for breakfast and then more. Staff were attentive, without being obtrusive. If you have the time try dinner best seafood fettuccine yet.
Our room was very clean and the staff helped us find an electrical outlet and where we could charge my electric handicap scooter. We did not have time to use the pool but it did look amazing.
I would definitely stay at this Inn again.

Room Tip: You might find your parking spot gone and have to park further away from your room than you would like to. No elevator so if you are the second level you will have to climb up the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pcbutt
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We appreciate your comments and feedback and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again. It is great to hear that you found you room clean and that my staff were able to assist you with all of your needs. I have shared your comments with the restaurant management and staff. It will be a pleasure to serve you again on your next visit to Jasper.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here after a family wedding nearby and it met our needs. We had a family room which had 2 separate sleeping areas which suited our teenage sons. The room was clean, beds were reasonably comfortable, the air conditioning unit was one of those indoor ones with a vent to outside for the hot air....ours was not connected properly and it heated the room at first rather than cooling it. We had a room facing the road and there was a nice sitting area at the top of the stairs where you could chill and enjoy the view. A good swimming pool and fitness area. One watch out with the breakfast, it is for 2 adults and not the full family, we had to pay extra for the kids. The breakfast was pretty good though. Not quite walking distance from town though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Tonquin Inn. Our family rooms are definitely very popular with guests traveling with children/young adults. I have forwarded your comments to my Assistant Manager re the breakfast and to my Maintenance Manager re the air conditioning unit.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us as it does help us in improving our services and the delivery of them. We do hope that we ahve the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Tonquin last weekend. This year will mark the third year we have been staying there as a couple and I would not stay anywhere else. The Tonquin is simple, efficient, and clean. We usually get one of the suites as our ski gear and other winter gear take up a fair bit of space and having the kitchen and fireplace are nice touches. We have always, this time being no exception, found the rooms clean and warm. The staff have always treated us well and with a new manager this winter that has not changed. We were kind of curious as to how our stays would go as we have always delt with previous manager, Elisabeth has proved to be just as kind and efficient as our recent New Years plans showed when I forgot to call in my visa number as promised for over a week! The location works great for us. Just far enough that the walk will help burn off some of the local fares on offer be they food or drink and with that distance comes some quiet as well. The pool and hot tubs are always a lovely treat and in the winter they are rarely busy. If you are looking for somewhere warm, clean, modern, and cozy this is the hotel for you. We also had most of our guests stay there last year when we were married in town and Meghan with group services proved flawless at this task and I would recommend her for any group bookings. Eat at Syrah's, ski at marmot, and stay at the Tonquin. A winter weekend does not get any better.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank MikeKrystal

A many time repeat guest, that is awesome. It is great to hear that we are your property of choice when in Jasper. I have shared your comments with all of my team and we hope that you will continue to take home fond memories of your stays with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back over the New Year - please be sure to stop in and say "hi".

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to Jasper in the off-season and picked the Tonquin Inn based on price and the pictures of the pool. When we arrived the front desk staff were very helpful getting us booked in, adjusting rooms to get us what we wanted, and providing suggestions on where to eat.

The room was a bit small but the king size bed was wonderful. When we opened the curtains, there was a herd of elk right outside our window. It was as if someone has pasted a marketing photo over our window....very charming.

The pool is located in a separate building which made getting to it more challenging in the cool weather. That would have been fine if there was secure storage in the change rooms, but unless you brought your own lock, you had to bring your valuables to the pool deck. The pool was large but too cool to spend much time in. However, the indoor hot tub (there are two outdoor ones as well) was large and very warm and relaxing after a long drive.

We were pleased with our one night stay at the Tonquin Inn and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the inner courtyard as they are closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your say at the Tonquin Inn. It is great to see that the Front Desk staff were helpful and were able to find you a room that met your needs. I have forwarded your comments to my Maintenance Manager re the temperature of the pool. I appreciate your feedback about our locker system at the pool and will definitely look into this as we move forward. The herd of elk was a bonus!!! Herds of elk can be seen fairly often on the Tonquin property. Thank you again and it will be a pleasure to serve you on your return visit.