“at home feeling!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Jasper
Grande Prairie, Canada
“at home feeling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

we stayed at the tonquin inn with our 7 month old little boy in one of the family suites, it was so nice they had a kitchen and couches, we stayed with our family in the suite and they even brought in a real bed for them not a pull out couch, they do allows pets as well but we did not bring our dog the next time we will,the price was perfect for just one night but we could have spent a couple,the next morning they have a breakfast in the dining room, it was wonderful.All in all a great trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am glad to hear that we felt like home. That is one of the feelings we strive for when serving our guests. It is always a pleasure to hear positive comments about the property, especially our family suites which are very popluar with our guests travelling with children. It would be a pleasure to welcome you, including your pet, back on your return visit to Jasper . Please call us directly to ensure that you you will be accommodated in a pet friendly room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This motel was the cheapest we could find in Jasper and it was a pleasant surprise. Really friendly check in. Our king room was very modern and a good size. The bed was comfortable and the hot spa pool outside our door a bonus. Breakfast was available at a discounted price at the restaurant next door and that was good value as well. I would recommend this motel for a nights stay on a trip through the Icefieds Parkway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us. I am glad that you were able to experience our service and some of the amenities we offer our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Tonquin Inn in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel mid october for 2 nights and found it very comfortable with newly renovated rooms. Comfy bed, about a 10minute walk into downtown Jasper however not out of the way. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Tonquin Inn. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again. It will be a pleasure to serve you again on your return visit. Please contact me directly so that I can look after the reservation for you.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

had the pleasure of spending 5 nights here. room was great but possibly the decor could have been lighter. comfortable bed and great bathroom. we had a lot of luggage but the housekeeping staff managed to keep the room brilliantly clean. terrific people on reception very helpful. super fitness room and pool and fabulous outdoor hottubs. thoroughly enjoyed the visit thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Its always a pleasure to hear great comments about the property, especially about our staff, our rooms and our facilities at the hotel. I am delighted that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay and you are most welcome. It will be a pleasure to serve you again on your return visit.
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My daughter and I took an opportunity to get away for a quick weekend trip. We needed to take our dogs with us and found that Tonquin Inn accepted dogs (at a reasonable surcharge). The location of the hotel was outside of the "core" of Jasper, but a very easy walk to the shops and restaurants.

The room was a bit cramped with 2 double beds, so there was no room for the dog beds. No big deal though. It was very clean and that's what matters to me. The beds were very comfortable and the noise was almost non-existant! Even the frequent trains weren't heard.

The front desk staff was pleasant and professional. Check in was smooth, as was check out. My daughter realized that she'd left her camera in the room and we were able to go back in without any trouble.

We'll come back to the Tonquin again!

Room Tip: Though the trains come through town slowly (thus keeping the noise to a minimum), I would still ask...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I know first hand what it is like travelling with pets and we, at the Tonquin Inn, welcome pets as part of the family and try to accommodate their needs. I am glad to hear that the front desk staff was pleasant and professional and that your room was clean and the beds comfortable. I will definitely forward your comments to all of my staff as its their hard work and dedication that ensures our guests keep returning. Pleae be sure to contact me directly for your return visit and we will be sure to take excellent care of you.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were travelling as 4 adults during high season in Jasper and looking for something more than just two standard hotel rooms. The Tonquin Inn advertises an Executive two bedroom suite which looks quite nice on their internet site. When we arrived we were shown to a two bedroom BASEMENT suite which didn't resemble the suite shown on their site in any way. The living room was dark and cramped, the ceilings ultra low, the windows gave you a nice view of the tires of the cars parked alongside the building. One of the reasons that you come to Jasper is to enjoy the beautiful scenery - not look out your windows at car tires! I returned to the front desk to ask about changing rooms (the room on the internet must be there somewhere) but was informed that all other rooms were booked. I then expressed my dissatisfaction with paying over $400 Cdn for the room for which I received no response from the reception clerk. We checked out the next morning at which time I expressed again my concerns to the reception staff. Two of the staff turned around and walked out of the room while the third proceeded to process my payment without making any comments at all.

There has to be better options in Jasper than this - for both room quality and staff attitude. I live in Alberta and visit Jasper occasionally but often make recommendations to travellers to Banff/Jasper National parks. I won't be staying or recommending Tonquin Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Avoide the BASEMENT Executive Suite and all costs!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hdigabtt
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Tonquin Inn. The property has 10 suites - each one is different from its location, to its layout, to its furnishings. Consequenly, showing all of the configurations on our website becomes a challenge. We are presently reviewing our website design and will forward your comments to my Head Office. What concerns me is the lack of customer service you received from my Front Desk. This is definitely not to the standard that I expect for my guests and will be immediately following up with my staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that we can discuss your experience further.

Travelers are raving about these Jasper hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We only dined here so will confine comments to restaurant.
It is a very elegant venue with interesting painting on the walls.
We were made to feel welcome by both the owner and our server called Gail.She, I might add was very efficient had good knowledge of the food and wine list.
They seem to specialise in steak,ribs and seafood but our food was delicious and the vegetables were cooked to perfection.

This is a place you must try when in Jasper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yes - the Prime Rib Village is the place to go for prime rib, seafood and other food options while in Jasper. Your comments will be shared with the owner and the staff. I am delighted to hear that you had a good experience and that you would recommend this restaurant to others.