“Great Place to Stay”

Pyramid Lake Resort
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here in the winter and it was a fantastic place to stay. Great service, the view from our room was quintessential Jasper. Mountains, blue water, nature, just doesn't get any better. Food in the restaurant was great food and even better prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Pyramid lake resort is a great place to stay if your looking for a more quiet, low key holiday. Our room was in a great spot with a nice view! The room itself is quite nice especially considering the great price we got it for. While the big window up high was nice during the day, I didn't like it so much early in the morning when I'm trying to sleep (I like sleeping in darkness). We didn't try the hot tub for the fact that previous reviews said it was warm rather than hot, and a couple there confirmed that.
We went skating on the lake there and it was awesome. So picturesque.
Lastly we ate at the restaurant for my husbands birthday. Wow. Just wow. So good! The atmosphere and location (overlooks the lake) make it even better!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine90
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, the food was fabulous at the restaurant the people were amazing! The view was magnificent and the higher up you are the better view you have. We looked right out at the lake. It isn't far from town and the horse stable was great.

Room Tip: As long as your are there all rooms are good, the higher up the better!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We really enjoyed our staying at this resort!! What a beautiful place to visit!! The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was really good!! We definitely will be back soon!!

Room Tip: If you need to relax, and get away from your busy life, this is the place to go!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at Pyramid Lake Resort just before the Easter Weekend while traveling through Jasper. The property was nice, and it is just outside of the town of Jasper which I preferred over staying directly in town. The room was nice, clean, and quaintly appointed. What I was disappointed to discover was that the bathroom area was overrun with ants. This is just coming out of winter, I have to assume these ants aren't coming in from outside, these ants must have been here for some time. Upon checking out, I wasn't asked how my stay was at all. When I told them that the bathroom had an ant problem I was simply told that housekeeping would look into it. Overall it could have been a very nice stay but I left very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon S
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Pyramid lake resort almost a year ago, and I wanted to write this review because I was quite unsure when I booked it, given some of the negative reviews. After our stay, I have say that our experience was anything but negative. I am sure there are people out there who are just like me and unsure, and I hope this review can be of help in that regard.

We have two young kids, so we stayed in a suite with a queen size sofa bed in the living room. It was not very spacious, especially when the sofa bed was pulled out. But we did not go there to spend the whole day inside a hotel room, so that's ok with us.

What I like about the resort includes 1) right by the beautiful Pyramid lake; 2) a short walk to Pyramid island; 3) short distance to town; and 4) decent onsite restaurant.

It's very private and in close contact with nature. We spotted a big herds of deers at the back and on the side of our room. Amazing encounter!

We actually spent our last day entirely on the property of the hotel - we canoed on the lake and hiked the little island...

I would recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 908Laura
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've stayed at this resort three times now and would definitely come back again. It's somewhat remote location from the town, truly feels like you are in the mountains. Restaurant is overlooking the lake. In winter lake is cleared for skating. My favourite is the outside hot tub after long day of skiing. Perfect way to end a great day.

As for rooms, I've stayed in a regular room once and did not care much for it. Bed mattress could be upgraded to something softer. However, other two times I've stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom, small kitchenette and really liked it!

This is my go to moderately priced resort until Fairmont becomes more affordable :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iryna S
Travelers also viewed these Jasper hotels
Crimson Jasper
#5 of 17 in Jasper
Maligne Lodge
Maligne Lodge
#13 of 17 in Jasper

Been to Pyramid Lake Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pyramid Lake Resort

Address: Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0, Canada (Formerly Coast Pyramid Lake Resort)
Location: Canada > Alberta > Canadian Rockies > Jasper National Park > Jasper
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Price Range: $84 - $294 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Pyramid Lake Resort 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pyramid Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coast Pyramid Lake Hotel Jasper