Pyramid Lake Resort
Official Site
$502
$385
  • Pool
All reviewspines restauranthot tubgas fireplacewhistler suitethe upper levelminute drivejasper townsitehiking trailsthe sofa bedsurrounding mountainsbeautiful settingpeace and quieton site restaurantmini fridgeclose to townmain buildingsitting area
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at Pyramid Lake Resort just before the Easter Weekend while traveling through Jasper. The property was nice, and it is just outside of the town of Jasper which I preferred over staying directly in town. The room was nice, clean, and quaintly appointed. What I was disappointed to discover was that the bathroom area was overrun with ants. This is just coming out of winter, I have to assume these ants aren't coming in from outside, these ants must have been here for some time. Upon checking out, I wasn't asked how my stay was at all. When I told them that the bathroom had an ant problem I was simply told that housekeeping would look into it. Overall it could have been a very nice stay but I left very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon S
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Pyramid lake resort almost a year ago, and I wanted to write this review because I was quite unsure when I booked it, given some of the negative reviews. After our stay, I have say that our experience was anything but negative. I am sure there are people out there who are just like me and unsure, and I hope this review can be of help in that regard.

We have two young kids, so we stayed in a suite with a queen size sofa bed in the living room. It was not very spacious, especially when the sofa bed was pulled out. But we did not go there to spend the whole day inside a hotel room, so that's ok with us.

What I like about the resort includes 1) right by the beautiful Pyramid lake; 2) a short walk to Pyramid island; 3) short distance to town; and 4) decent onsite restaurant.

It's very private and in close contact with nature. We spotted a big herds of deers at the back and on the side of our room. Amazing encounter!

We actually spent our last day entirely on the property of the hotel - we canoed on the lake and hiked the little island...

I would recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 908Laura
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've stayed at this resort three times now and would definitely come back again. It's somewhat remote location from the town, truly feels like you are in the mountains. Restaurant is overlooking the lake. In winter lake is cleared for skating. My favourite is the outside hot tub after long day of skiing. Perfect way to end a great day.

As for rooms, I've stayed in a regular room once and did not care much for it. Bed mattress could be upgraded to something softer. However, other two times I've stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom, small kitchenette and really liked it!

This is my go to moderately priced resort until Fairmont becomes more affordable :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iryna S
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Beautiful location, great service, comfortable rooms and all that at a really good price! Close enough to Jasper town to allow a quick run in for shopping or dining, but remote and beautiful. In March the lake is still frozen but there is lots to do. Skating, snowshoeing, horse drawn carriage rides and hiking around the area with the backdrop of the gorgeous mountains. Get up to see the sunrise as the snow covered peaks turn pink! Amazing sight.
The hot breakfast in the restaurant was really good. Fresh fruit and you must try their signature potatoes. They had some interesting items like a fried egg croissant with avocado that was really yummy. I can't wait to go back in the summer!

Room Tip: Room 65 is an upper room with a great view over the main lodge buildings. The upper floor is only accessible via an outdoor stairway, but is worth that small inconvenience. The gas fireplace was so nice to curl up and read beside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah494
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am very pleased with this hotel mostly because of their wonderful pet policy. They treated our fur babies as well as they treated us and that means a lot to me! The rooms are clean and quiet but the beds and décor have seen better days!
We ate at the restaurant and the food and service were good but the meals were overpriced for the quality. Tourist trap I guess.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple