“Reasonable and Down to Earth”

De'd Dog Bar and Grill
Ranked #31 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Liked the atmosphere - any place that honors canine friends who've passed on is my kind of place. General grill food was prepared quickly and arrived exactly as ordered. Pleasant service.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I keep going back to the De'd Dog because the cheap burgers are a good alternative on a night you don't feel like cooking. Every time I end up regretting it. They are usually pretty busy when I go in, the burgers are a popular item. They don't have nearly enough servers to cover the floor during these busy hours. The last two times I went have been by far the worst experiences. My boyfriend and I sat down, (we never ask for a menu because we always get the same thing), we were asked for our drink order. I got a coke, my boyfriend ordered a pint. Not long after, his beer came. The waiter had forgotten my coke, no big deal he said he'd be right back. And another chunk of time went by and he hadn't brought me my drink yet. I had my eye on the bar, and tried to get his attention several times, but still no drink. Eventually I saw him standing at the bar, while the bartender poured a coke. I thought "oh good he finally remembered". However, he stood there for a long time and continued to talk to the bartender. I thought, surely if that were meant for me, he wouldn't waste any time getting it to me. After a while he did finally bring me that very coke. But he didn't say a word to me. No apology, no acknowledgment at all. The last time we went, we ordered water and burgers the second we sat down. Again, we tried to make eye contact with the servers as a kind of "hey, did you forget about us?". After a good 20 mins, they finally came to tell us that the computers had "malfunctioned" and that our order never went through. So it took about 40 mins from the time we ordered to the time we actually got our food. I should know better than to expect good service and it's my own fault that I keep going back. But as a local, I would expect a little more courtesy than I've been given. They don't seem very fazed by the fact that their service is terrible, either. It's almost like they know they will always make money off their burgers and they don't waste time trying to earn their tips. I feel if they had more servers, they would make more in tips because they would be able to provide better service.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

In for the best deal on cheeseburgers for lunch. Just as good this time around. The wheat free bread added a nice touch, and the bread actually tasted good. Perogy appetizer was a great starter...

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I can honestly say that having traveled the world, the De'd Dog Bar and Grill is one of the very best pubs in the world. There is an essence that makes this pub comfortable and welcoming to locals and travelers of all ages and backgrounds. Unpretentious and genuine, the staff and ownership is what makes this place a welcome retreat anytime of year. Great food, tons of beers and a wide selection of wines and drinks. A trip to Jasper is wasted without a visit to this incredible institution.

1  Thank DucatiRider
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I got the impression this is locals hang out and the establishment isn't interested in tourists. Played 2 games of pool and never were asked by staff if we wanted anything and yes they walked by us several times(it wasn't very busy). There are alot of great places in Jasper to have a beer and pub food.

1  Thank ratarojo