“Got to see bear and other wildlife”

SunDog Transportation and Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.24*
and up
Winter Wildlife Discovery Tour
Ranked #10 of 24 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: SunDog Transportation and Tours provides visitors to Alberta with memorable, year round sightseeing, activity and transportation services. Allow SunDog to connect you to the Canadian Rockies and provide you with a variety of exciting tours and activities to make your visit a memorable one. Roam the Rockies with SunDog!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our driver, David Yasko, had a great, dry, sense of humour but was intent on us folks trying to see some of the local wildlife. He succeeded and each and all on the trip had a great time with photos to prove the day. Thanks David for your efforts.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 18 reviews
"ice canyon"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Morning trip up the tramway, with Alicia as guide. She was very informative and enthusiastic and helpful, considerate of peoples abilities. She passed on her knowledge in an easily understandable manner. It was a pleasure to be on her tour.
The Maligne Lake tour was also very good, David also was very informative , and happily showed the sights in and around Maligne Lake and Canyon. He was knowledgable in the history and features of the area.
Thoroughly enjoyed both tours, worth going on

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I'm exchange student from japan. Being in jasper an entirely new experience for me. Jasper is so beautiful. And all staff were very friendly and kind. I went on the train tour. We stopped at Rearguard Falls and Mount Robson. The views were so amazing!! Our guide told us many interesting things about the histories of all the landmarks and was also very nice.

I also went on the Maligne Valley tour with boat cruise. Maligne lake is a beautiful lake, the views were magical from the boat! Our guide on this tour also told us many things about the Maligne Valley (the canyon, Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake) and facts about the park. I learned a lot! For animals, we saw many mountain sheep (some right next to the bus!), a bald eagle and some elk.

I really enjoyed both my tours with Sundog, I'll never forget my experience. I want to come again!! Thanks so much!

The buses (one we took to West Edmonton Mall) are also very comfortable =)

1  Thank Minako S
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

David was a supposedly experienced guide but appeared to rely on a contact from another company even to see elk. Of course we know there were no guarantees to see wildlife but felt there was no attempt to interest us in birds, beavers and smaller animals whilst patronising us with his quiz of the park. Total waste if time and money. We could do all of this in our own cars.

3  Thank Velangi