“jasper tramway shuttle”

$83.32*
Ride the Steel Rails
Ranked #10 of 23 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: SunDog Transportation and Tours provides visitors to Alberta with memorable, year round sightseeing, activity and transportation services. Allow SunDog to connect you to the Canadian Rockies and provide you with a variety of exciting tours and activities to make your visit a memorable one. Roam the Rockies with SunDog!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

just like to say fantastic service from ben on this service on the 17 july. i left my camera battery in my hotel room and he lent me his camera for the day. i would have missed the memories from that day. the guy didnt know me and wouldnt take my camera in trust, just said enjoy. what great service from this guy. sundog take notice give this fella a pay rise!!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was absolutely blown away by the quality of service and tour expertise I found with Sundog. The staff arranging my tours were so friendly and knowledgeable it made finding the right tours for me very easy and comfortable. Each of my tour guides were absolutely fantastic as well (special shout out to Chuck for making Malign Lake my favourite tour of all!). They taught me so much on each tour and I had an absolute blast along the way, getting to see breathtaking mountains and spectacular wilderness and wildlife. I highly recommend this tour company; they truly made my stay in Jasper an unforgettable one!

Additionally, they were very accommodating for people with physical limitations, and those needing extra assistance.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been to Jasper a couple of times, so we wanted to do something different! I saw the half day train journey to BC, which I thought that would be nice to go in the Rockies by train. It was a 2 1/2 hours trip, which was beautiful seeing all the scenary an travelling along the lakes. We were meet by Elisa, who drove us back to Jasper taking in a stop to see Mt Robson it was beautiful and the sky was clear. We also got to see a black bear and a grizzle what a fantastic day and a big thanks to Elisa for stopped so we could get some wicked photo's of the grizzle bear. Excellent tour and worth the money!!!

2  Thank Mandie73
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had two nights in Jasper between trains, and wanted to drive down the Parkway and take a look at the Athabasca glacier. I didn't want to drive myself: I figured it would be expensive for one person, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the scenery, but I did NOT want to be stuck on a big bus with 50 other people and no time to stop along the way (i.e. the Brewster tour). SunDog seemed like the perfect solution: a small van/bus, and a mention of multiple stops.

It didn't work out that way. SunDog left word at my B&B two days ahead what time I'd be picked up. I was a bit surprised when a taxi showed up and took me to the Jasper Adventure Center (which I later found to be a front for SunDog - it only sells their tours). Only then was I told I'd not be on a SunDog tour, but on the Brewster bus - exactly the tour I'd tried to avoid! Clearly, SunDog could have told me two days before, but chose not to. Also, I have been in similar situations before, and the tour has gone anyway.

It was a 50 seat bus, and full. It made just two stops and one was for toilets and coffee, not sightseeing. The first stop, at a waterfall, was rushed. I was very disappointed.

I subsequently discovered that it would have cost LESS to rent a car. Since I was traveling in the middle of May there was very little traffic, and I could have pulled over and stopped as often as I wanted. Moral: drive yourself!

2  Thank thursdaysd
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was the worst experience of our three week stay in Canada. We booked the Wild Life Discovery Tour. The van arraived at our hotel to pick us up 20 minutes late. The van was not suitable for wild life viewing anyhow, the windows were small and the views were restricted. A skylight in the roof of the van was broken and rattled noisily until one of the other passenger jammed a fleece into the gap to stop it. The van intercom was broken or the guide did not know how to use it - after struggling fo a bit, she gave up and restricted commentary to when we stopped. The guide told us she had been told not to take people to the Maligne Valley as we were likely to have been there already (as we had) but she would anyhow. She did not know where to look and when we stopped could not answer pretty basic questions about the local landscape or wildlife. We saw some sheep on the road and a bald eagle nest - that was it. As the tour went on, the tour group got crosser and crosser and eventaually she stopped talking to us. On the other visit we made to Maligne Canyon the guide was qualified, had lived in Jasper all her life, and so even when we did not see wild life, had plenty to tell us. However, she was in contact with local people who told her about recent sightings and so had a pretty good idea of where to look and we saw plenty. The Sun Dog guide appeared to have none of that knowledge.To top it all when we arrived back home we found Sun Dog had charged us twice for the trip. They refunded it but no apology. Good thing I checked. My advice to anyone booking a trip of this kind would be to ask about about the qualifications and experience of the guides.

2  Thank Nick H