“Awesome ! You have to come here .”
Review of Syrahs of Jasper

Syrahs of Jasper
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Syrahs of Jasper specializes in regional Canadian cuisine with a focus on wild game dishes, fresh seafood and local produce. We happily boast to have the 'Best Desserts in Town'. Our comfortable, inviting dining room has a casual elegance and warm atmosphere. Our wait staff look forward to providing you with a memorable experience with our local, sincere service. Our wine list has been hand selected to pair with Chef Jason Munn's menu and we have a full bar and great selection of local craft beer. Make your reservation with us to enjoy a truly memorable dining experience. "Inspired Food, Exceptional Wine. Friendly, Sincere Service"
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Come have dinner here ! Service is great thanks to Mat! I had blackened salmon my husband had braised bison short ribs ! Both awesome . Great wine suggestion and yummy dessert !
100 % recommendation .

Reviewed March 31, 2013

While Andy's Bistro was good, it didn't live up to our expectations. So on our most recent trip to Jasper over the Easter weekend, we decide to try Syrah's. A great choice! We had a cozy corner near the back, away from all the tourists looking in the windows. Matt was excellent, attentive but not in-your-face. We shared the European salad, which was different than I had expected, definitely not "rabbit food." Could have been a meal in itself! While others have commented on the "interesting" way of selecting a wine (ie. walking around and looking at the bottles), I think it is quaint, and certainly saves the problem of having to change a printed wine list every week! We will definitely come again! Definitely fine dining, but with a friendly mountain attitude.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was disappointed in our Syrah's meal. The last time we went it was still Andys Bistro and it was very good. The meals were just ok. The beet salad was a good size and came with large chunks of beets and little else. We were glad to share this because it would of been a formidable task to eat the entire thing. In contrast we ordered the tarragon hummus and pita it came with 4 VERY small pieces of pita. Our group rated the bison as very good the pork as ok and the stroganoff as really poor. The quality of meat in the stroganoff was questionable and it was difficult to distinguish between the meat and the mushrooms. We had fun with the beer selections as we had just been next door perusing the beer cooler.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have eaten at Syrahs of Jasper for years...even before it was Syrahs when it was Andy's Bistro. I am glad that they left some of the menu items on from when it was Andy's Bistro. My favorite go to on the menu is the Veal Emince Stroganoff! The cheese fondue for two is also fantastic!

If you are planning on visiting on a Saturday evening I would recommend reservations, as some Saturday`s are packed and you just wouldn`t get in.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very attractive restaurant, with very mediocre service and food. Strange method of choosing wine, you have to go up to Bar and stare at lined up bottles, the lighting was bad, the labels were hard to see, and it is not best way to decide what wine you want.
It is a silly system, not very conducive to fine dining. The menu looked interesting, but it was hit and miss. The elk and black bean tart was quite good, as was the chicken wings and risotto app. Entrees were disappointing, my wife’s alcohol drenched fondue, and my quite small somewhat dry bison short ribs. Perhaps the reason my short ribs were dry was because of being lost in the kitchen. There was a 45 minute pause between my app and entree. The server seemed somewhat confused about the matter, so she just ignored are inquires as to where my entree was. We watched as patrons that came into the restaurant 30 minutes after us were served their entrees. For $140 for two meal, this was very disappointing.

1  Thank SeascapeScott