“Great Food, Better Views”
Review of Cavell's Restaurant & Terrace - CLOSED

Cavell's Restaurant & Terrace
Cuisines: International, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This gourmet, casual lakeside dining experience offers stunning views of Mount Edith Cavell, Lac Beauvert and Whistlers Mountain from the outdoor patio and through the large picture windows inside. The attentive service and relaxed ambiance at Cavell's Restaurant makes it a perfect choice for families, friends and couples alike. Cavell's is open for Breakfast daily and Afternoon Tea on Saturdays and Sundays. The diverse menus feature international cuisine using local farm fresh ingredients including our onsite Herb Garden and Greenhouse.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had the privilege of being served by Bejoy on our 5th anniversary. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. He was all class and very personable. We are not alcohol drinkers, so he even brought us some special drinks on the house to celebrate our special occasion. I had the prime rib and my wife had the steak. Both were good proportions and tasted great.

It is more expensive to eat here, but we were expecting that. Plus...the view...wow! The hostess congratulated us on our anniversary and subsequently put us right in front of a massive picture window overlooking the lake and mountains. It was breath-taking.

We'd like to give a big thanks to the manager, Bejoy, and kitchen staff at Cavell's for helping in making our trip to Jasper so memorable!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

was ok had some "special" foods but lacked the regular pancakes and waffels price was not bad $30 each kids under 5 free

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Four of us ate at Cavells the other night. I had the Smoked Salmon Parfait followed by the Lamb Osso Bucco. Desert was a mascapone lemon shortcake that I would have described as Lemon Tart with Mascapone. Everything was absolutely delicious and the service could not have been faulted. My companions also enjoyed the Confit of Rabbit, the Atlantic Salmon and the Halibut. The view was extra special too.

I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Stratheden
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went for my girlfriends birthday dinner and the food was terrible. We were sat in the restaurant beside the only other table in it (a table of two young kids and two adults) and the table looked like a bomb hit it. We were dressed up for her birthday dinner and felt very uncomfortable sitting next to them as we could have been sat at any other table than right beside them. Further to this, when the table left, it sat uncleaned for about 10 minutes.

The food was very bad and my girlfriend had to send her salmon back as it was smelly, had no flavor and she never complains about anything. I had to refill my own wine glass because the server wasn't very attentive (and remember... we were the only table in the restaurant at the time) and we asked for the bill because we wanted to leave.

Go into the town of Jasper if you want a nice meal, avoid Cavells if you can.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the most distinctive features of this upscale, lakeside restaurant in the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is the large proportion of the breakfast menu devoted to special dietary needs for people with heart disease, diabetes, celiac and other chronic health conditions. Several health conditions were explained on the flip side of a menu which offered an amazing variety of nutritious breakfast options, including organic. Though it was not exactly ‘heart healthy,’ my husband and I ordered the Traditional Eggs Benedict and found them tasty and light. Our travel companions were equally pleased with their choices: the Cavell’s Late Riser and Eggs Your Way with farmer’s sausage. Though we arrived late in the morning during the off season, we received courteous, attentive service.