“Enjoyable 2hour ride in beautiful surroundings with knowledgeable guide.”

Jasper Riding Stables
Ranked #12 of 23 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Jasper Riding Stables on Pyramid Lake Road! Horsebackriding in the Jasper National Park! Trail rides by the hour or the day, carriage rides, pack trips, special events, dine and ride. Come by our stables just a few minutes from beautiful downtown Jasper in the Canadian Rockies! Follow the signs for Patricia and Pyramid Lakes, apprx 4km, turn at the Parks horse sign, the arrow points into our parking lot.
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Our family enjoyed a two hour ride with a knowledgeable guide Kate around a beautiful lake and forest area. The horses were calm and easy to manoeuvre and the guide knew them and also appeared to be aware of our capabilities. We therefore felt safe and reassured that we would have a great time. Very enjoyable.

2  Thank Velangi
There are newer reviews for Jasper Riding Stables

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My friend and I really wanted to go horse-back riding at some point during our trip through the Rockies. We didn't have time earlier in the week in Yoho at the place where we stayed so when we noticed the details of this location near Jasper, for a similar price we both jumped at the opportunity. We called them during the morning, and were very fortunate that they still had availability for their 1 hour trail ride at 1pm. We were advised to be there 15 minutes earlier and this time was used to sign the forms, find suitable helmets (these are advised but not compulsory) and transfer our belongings into saddlebags.
We were in a group of 4. The horses were great - well cared for and well trained so that I felt perfectly comfortable despite being a beginner. Our guide was friendly and chatty, although my friend in 4th position couldn't hear much of what was said. The trail was mainly through the trees but we did have views of Jasper and of some lakes near Jasper. We didn't expect a huge amount on a one hour ride - it was more just for the experience which we enjoyed. My friend would have liked to go a little faster, but as she commented... maybe she should consider taking some lessons back home, learning and getting to know the horses and how to handle them. I personally am glad that we kept a steady pace as it meant I could enjoy the ride.
Many thanks to all the staff who were caring for the horses, and making sure their visitors had an enjoyable time!

1  Thank Basilio_10
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We took the two hour trail and had a great time. it was good we had all ridden before so we could relax and enjoy the ride. Our guide was very knowledgable about the nature and area. We saw beaver ponds and bear claw marks on the trees. Bears and wolves are quite common in the area apparently. Horses were calm and easy to ride a grey way to catch the views

1  Thank Boyntonfamily
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Neither my husband or I had ever been horseback riding, so it was on our list for our honeymoon. We chose to do a two hour ride so we could see some of the lakes we wouldn't be able to make it to otherwise, and it was perfect. Everyone was friendly, from the person I booked with on the phone, to our fun guide. Our horses were great and had fun personalities, making this one of our favorite parts of our trip. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Lindsey J
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We have seen the stable on some advertisements already, and driving from Jasper towards Patricia Lake, we could easily find the location.
Nice stable with lots of horses, alrady nice to see them within their stable.
Stuff was very friendly and the one hour ride was great. Through forst with a nice view towards Athabasca river.
It was a fun ride, I would do everytime again. we have done the trip with 5 people plus 2 guides, which helped a lot.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction