“Rafting on the Sunwapta River - great fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Rafting on the Sunwapta River - great fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My friends & I spent a fun afternoon out with the Jasper Whitewater Rafting Company. The team were really friendly, helpful, fun & I felt like I was in safe hands the whole time. All told we were probably out for about 4-hours - getting suits on, driving there, tutorial, rafting, driving back, suits off & back to Jasper town - however, the actually time rafting was probably an hour, so if you do go allow yourself enough time to fit it all in. I had never been rafting before & it was really enjoyable. The whitewater we rafted on was graded at level 2 to 3 so it got pretty choppy out there, but as I previously mentioned I felt safe & secure at all times. If you're staying in Jasper National Park & you want to experience the outdoors this really should be a 'must do' on your trip!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank MadeInLondon82

Bristol, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great First Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

As my wife was a little bit nervous we chose the category 2+ ride from Athabasca Falls. Manue proved to be a great guide giving us lots of information about the area as we floated down. She made sure we went over the best bits of the river providing some exciting moments. Water fights with the other rafts and going over the side in the calmer areas proved great fun. I'd certainly try this again and probably on a tougher course but as an introduction it was a superb experience. At the end multiple pictures of the event were made available on memory sticks at a very reasonable price - far better than having photos printed.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Kalo_Chorio
Westport, Ireland
253 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“gentle trip, poorly managed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

i had a gentle ride from the Athabaska falls, i was expecting and hoping for something more exciting. we had to wait for the guide. and when leaving the location the bus would not start due to a flat battery, the photos available at the end were expensive.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank mandr268
RaftingJasper, Owner at Jasper's Whitewater Rafting Company, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Sorry we did not meet your expectation. I have taken your comments seriously and spoken with all members of staff involved on your trip and have come up with new strategies for a more efficient program. The bus also has 2 new batteries. The Athabasca Falls trip is always class two whitewater so the trip you were looking for was probably the Sunwapta River, class 3.

Again sorry for the disappointment…