“If you go to Jasper you have to go to this bakery”

The Other Paw Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Jasper
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When you see people lining up in front of a bakery, it means they should have good stuff. This is exactly the case of the other paw bakery and cafe. My wife and I loved it. Our croissants and danishes were delicious. The kids had hot chocolate and my wife and I mochas and we all loved the food and drinks.

The service was friendly. Despite the long line up and the people waiting to have seat, we managed to find a seat and enjoy the decoration with all types of hanging cakes.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a nice breakfast in here and bought food for lunch too. The jalapeño pizza pretzel was great for lunch. A great range of sweet slices ideal for taking out walking. A good range of hot drinks too. There was a longish line but they are very efficient at getting everyone served.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a latte at this popular coffee place. I would say that they are victim of their popularity; it is so busy that I cannot rate the atmosphere as good as I would. Morning glory muffin is excellent: you should try it! Latte is good but not the best we've had. Service was friendly and efficient. Sandwich was good (generous on meat). Great quality price over all.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Other Paw is a popular stop in Jasper. We stopped here at least 3 times for various meals during our stay in Jasper The sandwiches are hearty and delicious. The scones and muffins are great breakfast treats. You can eat in or carry out. Seating is limited, but we didn't have an issue. The only negative is that sometimes the line is long and doesn't move as quickly as it should.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to The Other Paw each morning during our time in Jasper to get our sandwiches for our hikes. What I really liked is that they make them to order no matter what the time. The Chicken Little is fine but our favorite was Old MacDonald's Farm with ham, turkey, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, a light mayo on a french baguette. Overall, they do not have a huge selection though.

We also really liked their cookies (especially the black and white which is a brownie-like cookie with half of it dipped in white chocolate) and their muffins (particularly the Aloha). The only thing we didn't like was their coffee, which I thought was pretty bad. it was one of the worst lattes I've ever had.

It opens at 7 and if you get there by 8, there usually isn't a huge line. The later you go though, that changes so be prepared to wait a little bit if that's the case.