“Worst place I've stayed. Ever.”

Overlander Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Jasper
Lethbridge, Canada
“Worst place I've stayed. Ever.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I see that my original review of this overpriced place has been deleted. Thought it best to rewrite it. I had looked forward to staying here all summer but it's been over three months and I'm still upset about how my family was treated when we stayed here. Management was arrogant, rude and unprofessional. WAY OVERPRICED!!!! So close to highway so hardly got any sleep. Food was good at the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Jennysuzanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Overlander about 5 times over the past few years, and always look forward to our next trip. The rooms in the lodge are very cozy, as is the sitting area and restaurant. Every table has a view of the mountains, which adds to the ambiance. The staff are fantastic....several have been there for a number of years, so they know the area, the menus, and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms in the lodge are the nicest, although the cabins are fun also.
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Spent two nights in the Fall at the Overlander. Had a wonderful weekend - staff were very efficient and friendly. Our first night there we are in the hotel dining room - excellent meal and service. Also enjoyed the Continental breakfast that was included. Rooms were cozy - loved the fireplace. Went to the Hot Springs nearby and Jasper for the day. We definatelu plan on making it a yearly trip.

• Stayed October 2013
Hinton, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in a Chalet at the Overlander Mountain Lodge and it was a perfect weekend from check in through to check out. We brought our own food and beverages and the Chalet had everything else we needed. We requested tables for our scrapbooking and extra cots for some of the girls and the staff had everything ready before we arrived. The Chalet was beautiful and very clean, not to mention there was a spectacular view. It started snowing Friday night and it was still snowing Sunday morning when it was time to leave. All in all there was about 24 inches of the white stuff. I went out to brush the snow off my vehicle and Jon from the front desk came out to help. He didn't have gloves or boots, but he did have a snowbrush and a shovel. I told him I would be fine clearing it myself, he said it was not a problem, he would be happy to help. Wasn't that so very kind of him! We enjoyed our stay so much, we are going back in the spring.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen P
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in chalet #131 for the weekend. Had an amazing time. We looked after our own meals in the fully equipped kitchen. There was 6 of us and we were very comfortable . It snowed 2ft and the staff was very helpful cleaning off our vehicles when we left . We are returning in the spring.

• Stayed November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here expecting peace and quiet in a beautiful surrounding as advertised on the website. Our experience was not at all what we expected. The cabins have paper thin walls which allowed us to hear the older couple in the next cabin plan their day. It also allowed for us to hear every use of the bathroom. The fans are so loud in the adjoining bathroom, we were woken up every time the facilities were used. The room looked good, but that was it. When we talked to the manager about our experience she was very rude and unhelpful. We have tried contacting the owner but to date have not had a call back. Considering the price of the cabins we were very disappointed and will not stay there again. Nor in good faith could I every recommend this hotel to anyone. The only bright spot of the weekend was the staff in the restaurant. They were very friendly and efficient.

1 Thank Shane L
GeneralManageroml, General Manager at Overlander Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at the lodge. The cabin rooms that you stayed in, are located in older buildings that are not as soundproof as we would like them to be. Vibration from vans etc will be annoying.

I am very surprised to hear that my manager did not react to your problems, and I am equally surprised that you could not get a hold of me. We are usually praised for our service. I am at the lodge every day and just a phone cal away. I would like to invite you to call me or send me an email so we can discuss this in person.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and food in the restaurant.

Looking forward to your reply
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stopped at the Overlander enroute from Kamloops to Edmonton. We had been past this hotel many times on trips to Jasper but had never stopped. I booked it online as a surprise for my wife and we were very pleased with the location, the dining, and the exceptional service.