Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Filia Inn(Jasper)(Great Value!)
$139
Official Site
1,096 results
All reviewsgrove suiteshot tubcavell suitegas fireplacepyramid mountainbbq areashort driverent canoesevery eveningfull kitchenliving roompeace and quietbeautiful settingthree nightsstayed longerlaundry roomlog cabin
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I was in Jasper, Alberta, for 10 days for a combined business trip/vacation. I booked Patricia Lake Bungalows based off of reviews on this site. We stayed here the first four nights of our trip and the next 5 nights at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (my work meeting was at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge). We absolutely loved the location of this property. Patricia lake is beautiful and peaceful. The hike around the lake was a wonderful walk (about an hour to an hour and half). This property is secluded enough to be quiet but only a five minute drive from town. We rented one of the "motel" rooms which was actually a little cabin. You have your own labeled parking spot right by your cabin which is nice (we didn't realize how nice until we had to drive around for 10 minutes to find parking at Jasper Park Lodge).

The only minor complaints that I have (which I why I didn't rate the property excellent) is that the shower was very small (I actually had to get out to shave my legs and then get back in to rinse off) and that the housekeeping could have been more attentive. On a couple of occasions, housekeeping forgot to restock towels, glasses and toilet paper. This is no fault of the property but I had a lot of trouble getting a cell phone signal when I was here. I'm sure the seclusion of the property has something to do with this. Even given these minor irritations, I would stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows again. The location is perfect and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2007

The setting is wonderful, right by the beautiful Lake Patricia, The setting and layout of the cabins cannot be faulted.

The cabin itself was disappointing given the reviews on here.

The approach to maintenance and upkeep just felt a little cheap. In our cabin, the shower tray was very badly cracked, rather than being replaced it had simply beem masticed. Bug screens similarly had been damaged and rather than being replaced had been patched up. The bedding was really washed out, and whilst most likely was clean, the yellowing sheets just made us feel a little uneasy. These items are all so easily replaced and at such little expense and would just make the paying guests experience so much better.

Each day we left the cabin at 7.30 to go hiking, and each day returned between 4-4.30 in the afternoon and our cabin still had not been serviced, despite us leaving the 'service please' tag on the door each morning, The last thing you want at the end of a long day hiking is to go find someone to give you clean towels.
Considering hotel prices are paid, we expected a decent service to the room at least.

Staff are mostly young students who rally around the site in golf carts, which seems like a good idea but is definitely an accident waiting to happen given the speed they drive at.

Staff were friendly and helpful at all times, but given the service and standard of accommodation we received elsewhere on our trip through the rockies, this was by far the most disappointing stay.

That said, the new lodges look great and with hindsight, we wished we'd booked one of these instead and probably would return to stay in one of these.

I would not return to the cabins based on our experience but as said earlier, the location somewhat made up for the poor standard of accommodation.

10  Thank high.rise
789123, owner at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2007

Hello to our UK visitor!
While we take all critisicms very seriously I feel we must defend our property and present our version of the circumstances.
This guest paints a pretty bleak picture.
Even though we live in the most magnificent place on earth one of the faults in Jasper is its proximity to major centers. The shower in this cabin had been recently damaged by another guest and their family. It is impossible for Jasperites to replace things like showers....etc in a weeks time let alone a few days when we live 4 hours from centers where we obtain the parts for repairs. The showers are made of resin and these major repairs take time to do and thus the shower crack was siliconed until more major repairs could be carried out. I think you'll notice the crack was repaired cleanly and the shower was spotless.
As far as the sheets....our queen sheet colors are beige not white. We wash our sheets on site in commercial washers at very high temperatures to ensure they are of the highest standard of cleanliness! The window screen certainly was an issue we had overlooked and due to your review has since been repaired properly!
As far as the young people racing around with carts. I must strongly disagree. These golf carts are set so that they may not drive any faster than safety allows. Finally room service does not occur until late afternoon. You may have been the unfortunate guest to be the last person on the list. Had you brough your concern to our attention we would have had your room serviced immediately.
It is always interesting to us to find guests who find fault once home. By your comments I understand you stayed with us for several nights and yet we did not recieve your complaints. Evaluation is important for improvement, but criticism should follow a "two way street." Criticism is more valid when all parties involved interact both as the "critic" and the "criticized thus giving criticism while you are still a guest allows us to right the wrong! We cannot make your stay more pleasant if we are not given the chance to do so while you are still here. We hope you visit us again happy travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2007

We spent three nights here in June in the Grove accommodation. It is of the highest quality with everything you would need - I would happily live there! The location is great, right on the lake with numerous fantastic hikes nearby and on the drive to/from Jasper we encountered elk, black bears (including cubs), a coyote etc etc. Jasper is a lovely place and our accommodation was the perfect place to explore from. It's not the cheapest but it's very much worth the money.

2  Thank OxfordshireCooker
Reviewed June 20, 2007

We only have good things to say about Patricia Lake Bungalows. We stayed at Grove Suites (Pine # 1) for two nights in June and we loved it. It's fully equipped and beautifully decorated.

The view on the lake and the mountains is unbelievable. We rented kayaks (20 $/hour) and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. If we ever go back to Jasper, no doubt that we will choose Patricia Lake Bungalows.

By the way, Jasper Tramway is just a few minutes drive away. Don’t miss that unique experience. You will be amazed by the view, especially if you go up the hiking trail and reach the summit, like we did. We had never seen anything like that.

3  Thank Eric37
Reviewed June 5, 2007

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and really enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure they called it a standard motel room, which is why I was expecting a motel-type structure. It was in fact one half of a cabin, really nice & unique & extra-clean. Had a small fridge for leftovers and beer, always handy! We stayed in 11B, which was a 2 minute walk to the lake, so if it's important for you to stay right on the lake, you'd better ask for another cabin #. Very quiet (never heard our cabin neighbors or anything but birds outside), it's a 10 minute car ride to Jasper, and you can often see wildlife to and fro (go slow, really, you might miss something!). Hot tub really lovely, a little small for even 4 people, it's close to the office. Oh and there's a clothes washer/dryer near the office as well. Fireplace in the room was nice too.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple