1,156 results
All reviews grove suites hot tub cavell suite gas fireplace pyramid mountain bbq area short drive rent canoes whistler suite every evening living room full kitchen peace and quiet three nights grizzly bear beautiful setting stayed longer
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Two weeks ago I spent three nights at Patricia Lake bungalows in a type 3 cabin (no 8) which was well maintained and clean. The site itself is in an ideal location a couple of km outside of Jasper right alongside a beautiful blue lake.

The site has no eating options other than self catering and full kitchens are provided, but with Jasper very close this is no problem. There is reasonably priced laundry facilities and bikes and kyaks available to rent. Although we did not see any wildlife on the site the location is remote enough and I've seen pictures of deer on site.

The beds are really comfy, one of my favourites on a three week trip with stays in six different locations, although after driving 11 hours from Whistler I probably would have fallen asleep on a wooden bench.

For me the biggest selling point with this property is the superb location. If you want a traditional log cabin there is only one on site although the more expensive 'Grove' accommodation also looks very nice.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Patlake, Front Office Manager at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear John B.

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad to hear you have a restful stay with us! So many guests of ours come from far away, and have very long travel days, so it is good to hear that you were able to rent and unwind after your arrival. :)

I hope you saw some wildlife during the rest of your travels! I myself have not seen much this year, but am hoping they will be passing through soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

The bungalows are good but only have showers. All of them have microwaves. The surroundings are beautiful! The bungalows are a few meters from Patricia lake. Kayacs are available for use on the lake. Bicycles available to use. Laundry area for dirty clothes. Many day hikes around this place. Wild life walking around. Encountered a female elk between the bungalows enjoying some grass. Was on my way to check out and wanted to snap a photo of the elk, I was chased by the elk. Do not go close to the wild animals.

Date of stay: June 2018
Patlake, General Manager at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear FMSwanepoel,

Thank you for your review and all of the information you have provided for our future guests! It is always helpful to hear from someone who has stayed here. I am glad you made use of almost all the facilities we have to offer, that is what they are there for :)
Just one thing I would like to clear up is that MOST of our units have microwaves. We do have some basic options that do not offer any cooking facilities, however there are not too many without.
The elk are sometimes quite temperamental, I am sorry you were chased, but hope you got a few photos once you were at a safer distance :)

Reviewed June 17, 2018

I saw this place when researching my trip to Canada, did not book as unsure of dates we would arrive. When I went to book I did not know it was a long weekend.. they were booked out but had one new cabin they were getting ready, they worked very hard and got that cabin ready for us. The cabin was beautiful, beds comfortable, great cooking facilities. Beautiful grounds, with lots of things to do. Had a great stay. Thanks heaps

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Tracy E
Patlake, Front Office Manager at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Hi Tracy,

We were so happy that you were able to stay with us for May Long. We were eager to test out the new renovations and appreciated your patience with us as we were putting the final touches into the unit.
Thank you for the positive feedback, we love hearing from our guests and hope to see you again for your future travels.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We had a wonderful stay here in June. Very clean and quiet. The stillness of the mountain air is amazing. Coffee down at the dock was the perfect way to start the day. Staff was all very helpful and friendly. Turn down service at night much appreciated.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Sometimes we forget how great it is down near the dock, your comments have reminded me that maybe I need to take an early morning visit down there as it has been some time. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and were able to take in the stunning views of Pyramid Mountain.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Patricia Lake Bungalows for 5 nights. We loved the location. Close to town by car but far enough away from the busy town. The lake is quiet. There are boats And bikes to rent. The hot tub is very nice with a view of the lake. The view of the mountains from the lake and also from our cabin window was amazing! The cabin was clean and well kept. The fireplace in the room does not have a big flame. It’s a gas log used to heat the room. They have daily housekeeping. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mary S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us :). We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the lake.
We hope to see you again if your travels should bring you back to the area.