“Ideal Jasper Lodging”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed August 4, 2006

Ideally serene location at Patricia Lake. This place was beautiful, quiet, and comfortable. The kitchen made it easy to make dinners and breakfast with out having to eat out every meal. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful. Take a walk around the lake or just relax on the dock. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jasper.

4  Thank JGraff

Reviewed July 22, 2006

Just got back from a trip in alberta. This resort was a stopping point in between our drive from Banff to Edmonton. We only stayed one night.

We stayed in their new 'luxury condo's' (called 'The Grace at Patricia Lake'). Compared to the other suites these were the most expensive, we took them because that is all they had left. We got in a little late and pulled up to the office while a family of elk were grazing about 20 feet away - nice touch.

I chose this resort on short notice and based on the reviews on this site. The grace condo's were gorgeous and very nicely appointed with slate tiles, granite counter tops and plasma TV's. The bathroom was very nicely appointd as well. These suites's were brand spanking new and were a HUGE leap over the other bungalows which looked pretty homely in comparison.

There were a couple of oddities; 1) none of the bungalows have phones. If you want to use a phone you have to go to the payphone near the office - cell phones will not work. 2) there is no AC in the units. Given the modern contemporary look of these units I was a little surprised at this ommission. They should have had ceiling fans in the rooms if they chose not to have AC.

The property itslef is nice. We came with children and this is not the most ideal spot for kids. There was a small playground near the office but that is not enough to keep the kids entertained for more than a day or so.

After driving by a few of the other cabin resorts I would have to say that these were a little nicer than the ones we saw. The Grace Suites were really top notch, almost like they didn't belong on the same property. I would go back if I needed a few days to kick back, but I would only stay in the Grace Suites if I did.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank TrueNorthRob
789123, owner at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2006

After developing our new "Grove Suites"(not the Grace suites)....this past winter our little family decided to go on a much needed short but sweet summer vacation. We also happened to stay in a hotel that needed air conditioning and thus our sleep and stay was not great. The point I make in telling my little story is this...the hotel I reserved stated they had air conditioning when they , in fact, did not have air conditioning. We at Patricia Lake Bungalows in Jasper do not state that we have air conditioning because it is rare that we are hot enough to require cooling down. In fact most nights, year round, we require our furnace to be on. Even on a hot summer day... 28 celsius/82farenheit...the nights cool down substantially to require the fireplace/furnace.
This summer, we had a heat wave, unusual but true! And if this warm weather becomes a pattern...we will most definitely be supplying portable airconditioners, sorry if you had a restless sleep, I sympathize and understand.
***
Regarding the phones... we have carried out extensive surveys from our guests over the past 10 years regarding phone service....the majority do not want phones! Surprising yes..but we have many professionals, family, individuals.... who vacation here and do not want to hear the telephone ring, all they want is quiet. Thus our decision to be phoneless!
***
Finally, I do want to respond to the statement about our property not being appropriate for children. We have many activities here at Patricia Lake Bungalows for children/teens to partake in. Bocce ball, badminton, basketball, volleyball, croquet, boardgames, playground, bicycles, kayaks, canoes, boats, and a horseback riding stables just down the road.
Once again I will tell a little story from my vacation. We met some lovely people from Brazil at breakfast one morning...and while visiting we both discovered that we had teenagers of similiar ages. Ours, of course were not with us as they invariably were sleeping in ( as teenagers do!) We laughed as we shared the joke...different locations...same kind of kids... My point being...kids are kids and they will choose what they want to do when they want to do it.
Unfortunately we will never provide everything for everybody...but we try our best.
****
Thanks for the lovely comments on the Grove...we are very proud of them. Yes they look very different than the original cabins and they were designed to be that way. Having said that, we will be renovating the older cabins over the next few years to compliment the newer style. But one step at a time! Remember this is a small family business.
Looking forward to having you visit again.
Happy vacationing!

Reviewed July 21, 2006

We saved a bit by getting a "motel unit" rather than a detached cabin. We paid $89 a night for a total of four nights.

It's a wonderful, peaceful location, right by a lake (as you'd expect!), although the bungalows are closer together than the impression I got from the website and our unit (number 24) was near the cleaners' headquarters where radios were playing for much of the day (someone else had also remarked on this in the visitors' book in our room).

There was good control of temperature (unlike a lot of thermostats in hotels which I'm sure aren't even wired in), and it was clean with plenty of pillows, a fridge and coffee percolator (though no kettle or jug for making tea). There was a small kitchenette area but it shared the hand basin for the bathroom.

The place is about 6 km from town and services, so some basic crockery and cutlery would have been nice, perhaps even a toaster and microwave. (These were probably available in the individual cabins.) Jasper was one of the furthest places north we went, with very long twilights, and I think this was the only place we stayed that had thin curtains that didn't block out the light.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank GrahamWM
Reviewed July 20, 2006

My friend and I spent 3 days at Patricia Lake and it will stay in my memory for many years to come! The cabin was wonderful, so well equipped and with a beautiful view of the Lake. Coming from England, it is rare to find total silence, but sitting by the lake in the early morning surrounded by just the sounds of nature was an absolute joy!! Excellent equipment readily available for bbq as the sun went down. Will definitely stay here again - its an absolute treasure.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Julie54
Reviewed July 11, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Grove (Patricial Lake Bungalows' brand new stylish cabin by the lake) for three nights. It's such a lovely place. The interior of the cabin is really nice and stylish and the amenities are top notch...plasma TVs in living room and bedroom, stainless steel coffee maker and toaster, granite countertops, a very nice and comfy sofa bed and linens, to name a few. It's got a beautiful lake view from both the living room and bedroom, and nice patio furniture for us to unwind at the end of the day. The staff are very friendly and helpful, so are our neighbors. This is the BEST place I can imagine staying in Jasper and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2006
11  Thank RiuPalaceCancun
Reviewed July 5, 2006

At Patrica Lake bungalows there are a couple of motel-like-rooms. When we entered it was very hot, but that was because the heat was fully on in June... When we turned of the heat and kept the windows open, it became more comfortable. The bed was huge with nice self made pillows. The bathroom was okay. We got the toilet plugged, but it was no problem for the staff to un-plug it. We rented kanoes, which was very nice at the Patricia Lake!

The service was great, the room was nice and cosy!

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank dubbelvla
Reviewed July 5, 2006

After a week traveling from Calgary through the rockies my wife & I were relieved we found this place on Tripadvisor ! Briliant location for Jasper & all the parks - Romantic (do the No 6 trail walk & see Beavers) Quiet - clean - & helpful happy staff, a must if you get in !!!

• Stayed: June 2006