“joaniec”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Coquitlam, Canada
“joaniec”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Nice, quiet family place to stay. Loved seeing the elk wander in and have a snooze by the playground. The room was clean. We rented canoes and enjoyed an afternoon paddling around the lake. I would come back again.

2 Thank joaniec599

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Clearwater Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our 3rd stay was 4 night stay. This time we reserved a Cavell Suite. Not disappointed at all. The cleanliness, decor, and comfort of fireplace and 2 big screen TV. Elk visited us morning and evening! Hot tub, laundry facilities, kayak rentals, and a staff that is pleasant and always avail themselves make you fell like family. We see a fourth stay from our Florida home in the mix! Thank you and we will come again. Bob and Pamm

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed, we have been in three different units
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bearcatbob
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I just returned from holiday at PLB, which I booked due to TA reviews. It was nice to have a kitchen, and to be located a little out of town, but I was not impressed. I stayed in a 2 BR deluxe, room B, which had 2 BR with a queen, full, and a sofabed. Reading other reviews stating 'impeccably clean' is not true. I wear socks in rooms, and the bottoms of my socks were almost black with grime from the floor. GROSS! The mattress or mattress cover was itchy. The rooms are small, the front of my locations was glass, open to the front. I could not have ANY type of privacy with curtains open. The shower was just a shower, no tub. It was quite cramped, and I am slender and not tall a 5'3" and 105#. There is no place to store luggage. They also had odd-shaped cups which were difficult to wash, and there is no dishwasher, so I am sure they weren't that deep-cleaned. Also, there are only a couple pots, and the only skillet was a cast iron one. I think the septic well was behind my room, as there was always a bit of an off smell, and I saw a small piece of wood over an area on lawn.
It is not the hotel's fault that I travelled alone, but after a 12 hour drive to arrive there, I felt quite ill. I asked the front desk clerk if there was anyone on property at night, in case I needed some kind of assistance. She told me I could use the telephone outside the lobby to call the maintenance guy to come get me and take me to hospital. I am an American girl traveling alone, and she suggest going to hospital. She must have thought I was made of money or she wasn't too bright, as not being Canadian, I am not covered by your socialist healthcare.

That being said, I had wonderful neighbors who not only checked on me and told me to knock on their door if I needed anything no matter the time. We ended up gathering on the lawn outside our rooms each of the three nights we were both there. The Adirondack chairs that are provided look nice, but are uncomfortable, as those type of chairs are. They only had 8 chairs on the lakeside deck, which was not enough at almost any time, due to the number of guests wanting to sit on a chair versus the deck. The lake itself with the surrounding mountains was, of course, beautiful. There is wildlife around, so be careful! I saw many people get out of cars to take photos. Dumb.
I would stay here again, due to the location, but not the desk staff. Only one girl in the evening was nice, and that was a housekeeper.

PS, if you are traveling with any items that need to be stored outside, don't leave them outside. Another family I met while in hot tub had their rafts stolen from outside their room by locals.
Due to the location, do not expect nay Wi-Fi access.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank LittleFeet1018
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our cabin was very cute, clean, and spacious. We had the type 2 cabin with a double in the main room and a queen in a separate bedroom. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we especially enjoyed the lake. The location is nice just a bit away from town and in a very quiet setting.

3 Thank AZB12
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I looked long and hard to find the right rental in Jasper and Patricia Lake Bungalows did not disappoint. We stayed in the Grove and the unit was really nice - new, comfortable, great view of the lake from every unit. We were there in the height of the summer and yet, the place never seemed crowded. The lake is spectacular with the views the clear water. This is a family owned business and they were very accommodating. When we left, we were so disappointed in our new accommodations, we tried to go back and the staff/owners did everything they could to get us back there. Ultimately, we decided to just stay put and come back to Patricia Lake on another trip, but the kindness they showed us will not be forgotten!

2 Thank weekendatthecabin
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The lake is incredibly beautiful. And they have all kinds of boat rentals. Driving to and from town (only three miles), about 7 out of 10 times we saw wildlife, from elk to a grizzly once. There's Pyramid Lake just down the road, too, as well as a large horse riding stable nearby. And the bungalows are only three miles from Jasper.

To top it off, the place is clean, well appointed, and the staff are really helpful and nice.

The stand-up shower is cramped, though. And there was no real place to put luggage. But these are minor things.

2 Thank MoreTravelNowPlease
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just got back from 4 nights at the lovely Patricia Lake Bungalows. It was our first time here, and one which we are already planning to return to next summer. Our group consisted of two couples, each with 2 kids, and the grandparents. We were set up comfortably in three units. The accomodations were clean, well cared for and modernized making for a comfortable stay for everyone in our group. The staff were wonderful and responded to every request that was made of them, even some of which were beyond their required duties. (The lovely office clerk stayed an extra half hour late one evening to allow me to submit a report electronically using their guest computers.)
The location was unparallel to almost anything else in the mountains. Not only was their gorgeous mountain scenery, roaming elk to observe, and a lovely lake to enjoy, but the grounds were very well cared for and the added flower boxes on cabins were the nicest touch. It is a quiet area with trails to enjoy and the aforementioned lovely lake for swimming. Kayaking and boat rentals also available. We also enjoyed the horseback riding available just down the road from the cabins.
All in all - our entire family had an amazing stay and would Highly recommend Patricia Lake Bungalows to others.