“Peace and tranquility”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Lichfield
“Peace and tranquility”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were lucky enough to stay here for a week as part of our honeymoon and we are so pleased with our choice.
The setting on Patricia lake is spectacular, we booked a lakeside Grove suite and had stunning views of the lake - great to wake up to every morning.
The room was well appointed with everything you may need to self cater, with lots of space and a patio with a BBQ and table/chairs over looking the lake. The was a separate bedroom and bathroom along with a open plan kitchen/lounge with fireplace and TV.
PLB is located about a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Jasper, where there are plenty of places to eat out and in the area there is loads to do from hiking (lots of different trails - Cottonwood Slough is a great place to see Beavers) biking, boating and horse riding.
You simply can't beat the peacefulness of the place - one of our favourite moments was heading down to the lake front just after 10pm to listen to the Wolves howl, magical.
The only negative as all other reviews state is the Wifi internet - it's rubbish - it takes about 10 minutes to load a basic internet page such as BBC news, and often it would fail - only good for Facebook or emails really and even then it is very slow - shouldn't be important but be aware.
Unlike some other reviews the service we received was very friendly and polite for our whole stay.
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms are the best appointed with their own BBQ facilities, other rooms could use communal...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bonnpritch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent a weekend at Patricia Lake Bungalows in May, 2014. We stayed in a "type 2 cottage - non lakefront". The small cottage was well appointed, with a recently upgraded bathroom, full kitchenette, a separate bedroom, and a second bed in the living room. We really enjoyed our stay - the property is quiet and offers a great waterfront view of Patricia Lake, while still being near the town of Jasper. Like all hotels in Jasper, I felt this was a little over-priced though. Would return.

Room Tip: I would recommend upgrading beyond the cheapest room type. At that price point, you are getting a m...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brandon133
Chicago
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very clean, very cozy. In the woods, on a lake. We stayed here 2 nights and really enjoyed the feel of the place. I wouldn't say it had a campground feel to it, but it sort of did…..but in a good way. We found most of front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. There is a small mini-kitchen area, but no place to really eat. Trying to eat breakfast or have a drink outside was difficult with the mosquitos. Our fireplace wasn't working one of the nights and they missed a day's cleaning another day. We found common ground and worked out a resolution. The Wi-Fi is pretty bad, but at least they had it. We would have kayaked but the boats looked pretty worn, same with the bikes. However, this was a good 2 day stop and would have no problem going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This review is for the D'Heer Inn, which includes two rooms for rent in town by the owners of Patricia Lake Bungalows. I wanted to stay at the bungalows by the lake, but I was told they were fully booked so I accepted the offer to rent one of the rooms in Jasper town. The room was very nice, with a double bed, a little table and chairs, a small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, and fridge, and an attached bathroom. The room was a decent place to stay for a couple of days while exploring Jasper and the beautiful mountains and lakes around the area. There were no electrical outlets in the kitchen area so I had to use the toaster on the floor and the coffeemaker in the bathroom, but those were minor inconveniences compared to the below complaint. Unfortunately, the owners of the house live right on the other side of a locked door from the rented room, so when they cooked very pungent meals and chatted loudly for hours, I could smell and hear everything. I didn't feel the owners and their personal guests were very considerate of the paying guests in the attached rooms. I asked at the bungalows and was told that the owners down at the 'Inn' did know that someone was renting one of their rooms. So if the owners knew someone was staying in the rented room and paying over $100 per night to stay there, I felt they should have shown the paying guests more respect by being quieter and not cooking extremely smelly food that permeated the entire residence.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Patlake, Manager at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Lora18

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in the D'heers Inn.
We have reviewed the residence in order to improve the sound barrier between the units. We are very sorry that there were disturbances during your stay.
We would love to speak to you about this incidence and we would gladly offer you a discount for your inconvenience.

For all future guests, the D'heers Inn is what we consider in Jasper an Approved Accommodation. Please be aware that there a 4 units in total in the residence. These units are separated by doorways that have been isolated with sound barriers. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our property and our home. We love any comment that can help us.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The property & location are wonderful- quiet grounds, well-kept & serene lakeside setting with wonderful scenery. It's just outside of downtown Jasper, but close enough to drive into town for shopping or dining. The rooms are a bit on the small side (We stayed in a Cavell suite), especially with 2 queen beds, but overall well-appointed. The Cavell Suites seemed a bit more updated than the rest of the property though. Overall, the rooms are family friendly with a fridge, microwave, separate sitting area, etc.

Our one concern about this hotel was the front desk staff. I am a friendly person, easy to engage in conversation, generally happy, & have a sincere interest in others/learning about other people we meet on travels. On arriving to a hotel/location, I ask the staff members how they are and thank them for their services.

However, the staff member on duty when we arrived was very aloof & cold- not hospitable at all. She didn't ask how we were, didn't inquire where we were travelling from, didn't provide an orientation of the property/amenities, and just processed our payment/credit card without any thank you or pleasantries. The only thing she did point out was where we could park our car.

It was interesting to me when I returned a few minutes later to follow-up on where the local grocery store was that I noted her warmly welcoming a WHITE couple, making small talk, & providing a detailed overview of the property/amenities/services. When I asked her politely about the grocery store, her response was rather curt.

It's fine if you want to accept our money & business, but at least show some common courtesy to people of ALL backgrounds- especially if you are in the travel industry. I cannot recommend this place to others & sincerely hope the staff gets some training in general hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Arun R
Patlake, Owner at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Arun,

I am so terribly sorry you felt you were not properly treated upon check in. Had you come in and discussed this with me personally (while you were here) and identified the front desk agent who checked you in I would have handled this incident immediately. I can assure you that our wish is to treat every individual that enters our establishment with respect they deserve, If this was not the case and you were treated unfairly then the individual should not be working for us at Patricia Lake Bungalows. We have people from all parts of the world that work at PLB, from Chili, Africa, Cuba (front desk agent), India, Australia as well as all parts of Canada. We go through an extensive training process for all of our front desk staff and housekeeping staff. I am available to speak with you regarding this incident at your convenience. please contact me via email or directly by phone. Unfortunately I cannot leave my personal telephone number on this public site but you may reach me via the Patricia Lake Bungalows number or leave a message and I will most certainly give you a call. We take this type of comment very seriously and would like to speak with you as soon as possible. We hope you will visit us again and give us another chance to welcome you to the Lake.
Sincerely
Sue DHeer
Owner/Patricia Lake Bungalows
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed in the Grove in June. These are the newer cabins on the property. I was impressed with our room. Well equipped, nicely furnished and comfortable. The room had a nice view of the lake and it was very peaceful in the newer cabins. The room was pricey, but what isn't in Jasper?!
As for the cleaning staff, they were great, came by every night to see if we needed anything.
Of all the places/cabins I have stayed in at Jasper, I would return here due to the newer cabins with large windows and nice amenities. The Wi-Fi was not working during our entire stay. It would have been nice to get a $10 discount on the room per night due to the outage...but no such luck. Just my thoughts...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Patlake, Manager at Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Edmontonbound

Thank you very much for your contribution to tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback about how we are doing and if there is anything that we can improve on.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Grove suites. These units are filled with modern touches and are beautifully decorated. We have 14 different types of units on our property for all tastes and price ranges.

Thank you for mentioning our night service! Each night a staff member come to the door between 6pm-7:30pm to insure that our guests receive the service and amenities that they need.

The one service that is impossible for us to improve on is the WIFI. Unfortunately due to our location WIFI will fall off the cliff. We have spent thousands of dollars to improve this service but we are too far from any major city/service area that it does not work properly for us. We do have two hardwired computer beneath our office for our guests convenience.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you as our guest in the near future.

Julie
Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for two days in June 2014. We stayed at a one bedroom cabin overlooking the lake. Let me list what I liked and disliked-

Liked- The peaceful lake and the pretty cottage,at least from the outside and it’s at a convenient distance from Jasper downtown, as well. Their bed was quite comfortable.

Disliked- They are quite pricey. For $225+ per night, I expected a better service. When I returned after spending the entire day out, On the second day of my stay, towels were not replaced and I did not receive my supply of coffee and creamer until I went into the office and requested for it. The person who was there, gave it to me once I asked but was not the least bit apologetic.

The cabin is really dated, with an old TV and some old curtains, and the showerhead way high and there is not sufficient room between the soap dispensers that are mounted on the wall. Besides, wifi is really slow. Also, they do not have much of a facility to cook, any unwashed dishes that we leave behind, they expect us to pay a $10 gratuity for their cleaning staff. Considering all the restrictions, we chose to be back at the Patricia Lake Bungalows only at bedtime.

I expected better service for the price and I have seen better service in other places so in my opinion this place was not worth the money..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family