“Awesome Spring Skiing !!!”

Marmot Basin Ski Area
Ranked #6 of 48 things to do in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Marmot Basin, located in Jasper National Park, Alberta provides unparalleled skiing and snowboarding for all ages and all abilities. Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Marmot Basin offers a family friendly, laid back, crowd free experience with stunning views. The nearby town of Jasper offers a friendly welcome to all with hotels, bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. As well as an unforgettable snow sports experience, there are also many other activities available, including shoe-shoeing, cross-country skiing, dog sledging, winter wildlife tours, canyon walks and much, much more! Once visited, never forgotten, come see us for an authentic Rocky Mountain experience. We look forward to seeing you! Your friends at Marmot Basin.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Spring Skiing !!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my first time skiing at Marmot Basin. I was a little concerned that it was late in April and the temp in Jasper was +11C and it had rained most of the night before. It turned out to be an excellent ski experience. The rain in Jasper was almost 4 inches of new snow on the upper part of the mountain. The temp on the mountain was 0C at the bottom and -5C at the top (was -10C at 9am). There is still plenty of base on the hill and there was literally almost nobody skiing today. Perhaps 1 in 10 chairs in the chairlift had people in them.

If you get a chance to get out skiing at Marmot this spring - go for it! You won't regret it.

1 Thank Dave A

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Most underrated ski hill in the Rockies”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Just off another great day and I continue to love this hill. Having skied over 40 years in 3 countries and 7 mountain ranges I think I can say this hill has the best grooming I have ever experienced, and at my age grooming is everything. Also with the highest base elevation in Canada Marmot is great in the spring. Pleasant lifties and a great Ski Patrol just add to a wonderful ski experience.

Robert Turnbull

4 Thank Robert T
Worksop, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Novice skier but thoroughly enjoyed it!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

It was our first time skiing outside on a real slope and it was amazing! We bought a ski pass and booked a level two lesson which cost, roughly, £200 including ski hire. The lesson didn't go so well for me as the slope was much different to the indoor slope we had used previously. The camber and icy patches made the tree lined run very scary but after a lunch break and use of the nursery slope I was back at it and enjoyed a few successful runs before leaving. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I'm sure skiers of all abilities will love this place..we'd come back in a heartbeat. A great day out!

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Awesome ski school”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We recently visited Marmot for the first time with our family and we had such a wonderful time I had to send a note off about our experience.
We decided to take a spontaneous trip to Jasper as we told our kids we would take them skiing this year and we have no snow here in Sherwood Park. We jumped in the car and drove to Jasper found a hotel and spent the night. In the am we drove up to Marmot to take the kids on their first ski adventure. I booked my kids in ski lessons my youngest in Mighty mites for 50 mins and my son in Discovery for a half day. We didn't know how well they would do so we thought it would be a great starting point. Both my husband and I haven't skied in years so lessons were a must.
My daughter did well in her lessons but as she is younger she needed some more help and didn't pick up skiing as fast as her brother. So my husband and I took turns helping her down the mountain.
My son on the other hand was up skiing and doing lifts by noon. His instructor was Matthew and he was an amazing teacher. He was so patient, encouraging and positive with my son. We really could not have asked for a better teacher for our son. He said we could extend the lessons to a full day as my son was having a great time and loving skiing with Matthew. So extended the day, Matthew sat with us while they ate lunch and then they went back up skiing.
Matthew gave my son a great foundation and showed him how much fun skiing can be. I went on a run with them and my son was loving going through the "bumps in the trees". When we were driving home I asked him what he thought and he said it was awesome and he loved skiing.
I means so much to me to have my kids up skiing as I grew up on the west coast and skied every weekend when I was younger so I am so excited that my children had such a positive experience and great teaching at Marmot.
We will continue to boast about our experience and hope next year when we return we can enhance our children's abilities with lessons from Matthew and the rest of your ski school team. Thank you Marmot for a fantastic ski getaway:)

Edmonton, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Quieter place to ski/snowboard”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I truly enjoy Marmot Basin and come to ski there at least once per winter. It's not as busy as Lake Louise/Sunshine village and there are plenty of different runs for all ski/snowboard levels. Personally I enjoy black runs and there were plenty of those.

Visited November 2013