“Beautiful!”

$184.93*
Ice Climbing in Maligne Canyon
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic limestone canyon with waterfalls and walking trails.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We went on our own and did not take a guided tour. We rented ice grips from a place in town. It was a Great experience and worth the trip to Jasper!

3  Thank Lisa O
Write a ReviewReviews (3,459)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved the sheer vastness of the canyon.
The ice is beautiful and makes you gasp with shock at how nature can create such a wonderful sight.
It gets very cold down in the canyon and my hands were chilly the first time I went, if you are more active in the canyon then you keep warm, if go with a tour and simply just walk and look then you can get very cold

You DO NOT need to go with a tour guide, you can just wear decent walking shoes and maybe take a ski pole for balance and the canyon is yours!

There is also a very cool hill that has snow, ice and bumps that the adventurist can slide down!

what fun!
it is a definite must see! for families, friends, couples! it would make ace photos to show to the people who didn't see it@

2  Thank 849lizzie_loo849
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of taking this night walk through the canyon. All I can say is FANTASTIC!!

Our group was small and led by David. He was very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information about the Canyon and water system. His talks were interactive and he had answers to all of our questions!

We were fitted with all the gear and taught how to walk properly with the cleats so we would not slip on the ice. As this walk started out in the evening light and continued after card we were given headlamps so we could see in the dark. Very neat experience!

As we are approaching the end of the freezing period David continually checked the ice so we would remain safe. We turned around when it became unsafe to continue. His pace was perfect for the group.

I highly recommend you take this tour and David did an excellent job! Bravo. I'm looking
forward to doing it again in the summer.

1  Thank Travelling_Liz72
Reviewed March 21, 2014

It was great but it was too cold for me to stay there.I had a good experience in my life. I want to visit there in summer so I will be able to compare how it is.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Yes, we have seen a few canyons and gorges. This one is special, however, so narrow and so deep in places, broader and beautiful in others. There's such a range of views. You can walk as far as you want - although when we were there the trail was closed after about 45 minutes walking. It's fairly steep in places but there are steps and railings. You don't have to walk far to enjoy the canyon, though - five minutes of strolling will give you a good taste of what the fuss is about. It's a 'must' if you are staying in Jasper.