“Maligne Canyon”

$116.82*
Canadian Rockies Tour by Chauffeured Sidecar from Jasper
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic limestone canyon with waterfalls and walking trails.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I Thought It Was Very Pretty, But I Was Not Prepared For The Hike Down The Canyon. It Was VERY Slick & Icy & I Was Wearing Tennis Shoes With No Grip On The Bottom. The Sign Said It Was A 20-40 Minute Trip, But It Turned Into A 3 Hour Hike (The Reason I Gave A 4 Instead Of A 5). I Would Love To See It Again In Better Weather.

1  Thank Trogers442

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We went as a family to Jasper as a weekend getaway. The sights are amazing. I love that this park is free (you have to pay to drive into Jasper - but no specific cost for this). It could take you hours (with children) to walk this. Canada beauty at its best !

3  Thank Corimarnell
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We enjoyed the Maligne Canyon experience. Very pretty and worth the time and effort. If you have the time this is a great stop.

1  Thank luxlife2320
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're in Jasper in the winter you have to do an icewalk with a guide. It's so amazing! Better with a guide than alone because they can take you to all the great spots and know the safest way of getting around. You're also equipped with the right footware.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We started at the 5th bridge and worked our way up. Because of our lack of ice cleats we didn't even make it to the fourth bridge, but we had a lot of fun slipping and sliding down the path. Thank goodness for those railings and my teenage son who helped guide my daughter and me over the most Icy sections! The scenery was fantastic and it was a good way to stretch our muscles after two days skiing. We saw quite a few tour groups and decided that next year we'll pay the extra money to join a group. They looked like they got to venture into some pretty amazing spots on the canyon floor!