$263
Orbitz.com
galahotels.com
Marmot Lodge(Jasper)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeds were comfortablepool and hot tubpleasant stayfull kitchenseparate bedroomcoffee makerjasper national parkwickededmontonmountainsqueenhikingfireplace
Reviewed July 9, 2018

There are limited accommodation options within Jasper and also gets booked up well in advance as well.

We ended up booking here which was our only option.

It's definitely a motel, after spending 2 nights in a teepee - even though this had more amenities, it was just completely soulless and too hot! Even with the fans on. We were also bitten all over. It was quite dark and we just didn't want to spend any time there at all and was expensive for what it was. It didn't feel very clean and looked tired, in need of a makeover! Luckily it was just for 1 night, we definitely would not have wanted to stay any longer.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Francois T, General Manager at Maligne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Good Morning,

We were obviously very disappointed in your comments following your recent stay with us as we have strict standards in terms of cleanliness aimed at ensuring the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. We are naturally sorry we were not able to meet with your expectations but wish to thank you for taking the time to submit your comments and assure that we will be following up on them immediately.

In the meantime, thank you once again and kind regards.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

First off we got to the hotel to check in and was told the room wouldn’t be ready for 20-30 minutes (I called at 3 to see if we could check in early and was told no).
So, we waited for the additional time before entering the room we would rather have a clean room then not.

We couldn’t find the entrance to where our room was due to the stairs being blocked off (blocked with boards), the only access to the room was using the staircase behind the garbage and grease bins off the back alley, we had to be careful walking due to the broken glass on the concrete surrounding the gross bins.

Once, we entered the room I noticed that the carpet wasn’t vacuumed (stepped on a rock or 2), hair was in the bath tub, cigarette butts on the balcony ledge, a dirty sock on the balcony, the tables (including end tables) and chairs were coated with some kind of old dried drink...to the point that my papers and arm were sticking to them and finally the dead bugs on the walls. The window was at one point forced open, so it was unable to shut properly and instead of being fixed it was painted over.

All of the above was enough to have me go to the front desk and mention to them, I asked for the manager to give me a call and provided them with a list I had made indicating all the above. To say the least I did not hear from the manager during the 3 night stay. At check out I was told the manager was going to be at 9am, I said “perfect! We will go out for breakfast and come back to speak to him”...we arrive back at the hotel around 9:30am, he was not in as of yet...and I have yet to hear from him. I did notice that I received a 10% discount on my over all bill, but the point of my complaints were not addressed which I feel is more important then a measly 10% off...

I have stayed at the “sister lodge” in Jasper before and have always had a wonderful experience, so I thought we would have the same experience. This was a wrong thought.

We can honestly say think twice about staying here...we will not be back.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey L

Good Morning Tracey,

We are sorry to note your disappointment with your recent stay with us and that no one from our management team responded to your request for a personal encounter. Your comments are certainly not reflective our usual standards and even though we are in high season, this is no excuse for our failing to meet with your basic expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize.

Be assured Tracey that we will do everything we possibly can to address and correct the deficiencies you so kindly pointed to us to prevent a recurrence of our shortcomings.

Thank you once again and kind regards.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We are travelling with pre-booked accommodation on a tour through Canada. This hotel provided small adequate accommodation with own bathroom. The room was ok but smelt musty on arrival. There seemed no way to open a window and a portable air con unit was noisy and used room space.

A lack of free electrical sockets meant we had to unplug the coffee maker to charge our phone. The Wi Fi was good.

Included in our package was breakfast. On day one the service was appalling. Well below expectations, even for a busy day which it was. The second day the service was much improved but we were earlier and the restaurant wasn’t busy. The quality of the food was ok, the yogurt offering being, in my opinion, much better.

There is an attached coffee house called Wicked Cup and the quality of the sandwiches and hot drinks was excellent. We enjoyed their sandwiches for picnic lunch on both days.

It was a shame about the room, with a little attention to detail full satisfaction could be gained.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric A

Dear Eric,

We have taken note of your comments following your recent stay with us at the Maligne Lodge in Jasper. While thanking you for taking the time to submit your review, we are obviously quite disappointed in our performance and that we came up well short of your expectations. Our standards are some of the most demanding in the regional marketplace but we apparently did not do a very good job of delivering upon those same standards and for that, we sincerely apologize.

We will immediately look into the shortcomings you pointed out to us and initiate corrective measures and in the event you should consider us again upon your next visit to Jasper National Park, your stay will indeed be that much more satisfying.

In the meantime, thank you once again for your comments and kind regards..

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Left that kip this more after the worst stay in a hotel I've ever had. First off all this is not a lodge, this is a dirty, dull, flea ridden motel and completely overpriced wet payed 17 0 euros for one night in a dark dingy room without breakfast, the carpet looked and felt like it was never cleaned or vacuumed since it was laid. The dust on the TV unit was about three inches thick. You couldn't see out of the windows cause of the dirt. The walls are paper thin the AC didn't work, but sounded like a freight train running through the building. The place was so manky I didn't shower as the towels did not look, feel or smell clean. Have to say this was the worst place I've ever stayed in and I'd consider myself lucky to say I'm well travelled. I'd really question the positive reviews on here and wonder if they are paying people to put them up. Honestly stay anywhere but here!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Francois T, General Manager at Maligne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Good Morning,

We are appreciate but are very disappointed in your comments as we take great pride in our cleanliness standards and we have quite obviously failed in this particular instance and for that, we sincerely apologize. Be assured however that we will immediately investigate your complaints and proceed with remedial measures so as to ensure future guests are not as dissatisfied as you have been.

Once again, we do apologize for not meeting with your expectations and thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

This accommodation was ok but not really good.Very narrow parking lot so that somebody scratched our left back bumper.Of course without leaving a note.So, for just one short break it was ok, but not more.It was clean but not spacy.

Room Tip: Can‘t give an advice
Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Good Morning Christiane,

We wish to thank you for your generally positive review and we are of course sorry to hear that someone damaged your vehicle without leaving a note of some kind. We are also glad to note you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room as we take great pride in maintaining some of the highest standards in the local industry in this matter.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review following your recent stay at the Maligne Lodge and we look forward to your next visit to Jasper National Park.

Kind regards.