“Not worth it....”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Toronto
“Not worth it....”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I stayed in one of the suites with the whirlpools inside. The problem was that the air conditioner only worked properly for 1 of the 4 nights I was there. (The whirpool tub would make the room extremely hot, so AC was definately needed). When discussing this with the staff, they told me that they are in the process of upgrading thier units, and that my suite hadn't been done yet, so i was stuck with an old broken one. No help, assistance, or consolation offered from the front desk either - I guess i didn't complain enough.

The shower head had no pressure as well.

Overall, the hotel was clean, but the problems with the AC and the staff's inability to correct/address the problem make this a horrible stay - would definately not be returning.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — AC not working and unfriendly staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tripseverywhere, Manager at Mount Robson Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2008
The hotel was in the middle of upgrading our air conditioning units, but guet was told this at time of check in (walk in reservation) and was given a discounted rate on the room because of this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
cambridgeshire
Reviewed August 1, 2008

This was a good quality motel, with a price I would have expected for a very good quality motel.
We were a large group, the room was towels short so we had to borrow towels from our groups adjoining room.
The air conditioning being on a thermostat kept the room very comfortable.
Jasper is just a great location in the Rockies.
The restaurant attached to the hotel provided a good meal but with frozen mixed veg - so disapointing.
In 35 years of annual visits to Canada, this is the first time I have felt "ripped off," prices were sky high, it was obvious Jasper's residents were going to fleece the tourists for every buck they could regardless of the return custom.
Shame on you Jasper.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Prices in the area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Kent
Reviewed June 10, 2008

The motel is situated at one end of Jasper, an easy walk to the restaurants and shops. It was undergoing refurbishment when we were there at the end of May, with workmen still on site. They were a friendly group who were doing a good job of updating the rooms. We were very pleased with our completely re-furbished room, which had 2 large beds, also 2 upright chairs and a table, large TV, new bathroom, additional vanity area, coffeemaker, microwave, fridge and air-con.
Helpful friendly staff.

• Liked — That it had just been refurbished (and well)
  • Disliked — Exterior appearance of motel
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, AB
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I read some poor reviews on this motel on this site but after looking at the pictures on Expedia and seeing the price comparison with other hotels here, I chose this one. They obviously had done some renovations. It has recently been painted on the outside and many of the rooms have been redone - new bathrooms, paint, carpet, etc. It is not a five star hotel but for under $150 on the weekend in May, the price was really good. It was very clean (including the hot tubs) and the ladies at reception were very nice. My only complaint was the lack of hot water. There wasn't much in the morning. Our room was not very large but (the bathroom was quite small) but our king sized bed wasn't crowded. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Great price, very clean and free wireless, on-site restaurant
  • Disliked — small bathroom and average sized room, lack of hot water
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Edmonton
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I live in Edmonton so I go to Jasper fairly often. I usually stay at the Jasper Park Lodge but since they were already at summer rates I thought I would give the Mount Robson Inn a try.

First, I will not compare this to Jasper Park Lodge since it is in a very different category (much pricier). However, I was disappointed with the Mount Robson Inn. Here are my concerns:

- the front desk person was quite curt and not friendly at all. I think she was more interested in watching tv than checking me in. No "have a nice stay" or anything like that.

- the room smelled very strongly of cleaning products. I had to open a window to try to air it out.

- the room was very noisy as a result of the heater, which came on about every 15 minutes and the showers in the next room.

- I was in a non-smoking floor but the person next door thought it would be a good idea to smoke right outside my door by my open window. Yuck.

- the parking lot is right outside of the rooms. Very noisy with all the trucks from the rig crews.

I would guess that this hotel isn't much different than the other budget hotels in Jasper (Tonquin Inn, Lobstick Lodge, etc.). However, next time I think I will spend the extra dollars and stay somewhere a little nicer.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank KeishaT
Edmonton,Alberta
Reviewed January 11, 2008

We stayed one night in the Mt Robson Inn during High Season and Christmas time and were surprised to be able to find something for just one night. We stayed in the Tekarra Suite which has a queen sized bed/ TV/ full sized bathroom in the loft area and same on the main level with a sitting area/ couch and fireplace (also fridge and microwave). Enough room for 2 couples or family. Also has a restaurant on site. I thought the price was reasonable $220.00 considering the season. The only real complaint would be it was a little cool in the suite and the fan on the heating system was quite noisey. The bathrooms seem to be newly renovated.

• Liked — Convenient with 2 couples
  • Disliked — Heating was noisey thus the suite was a bit cold
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Some previous reviews of this Inn were not too complementary. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Perhaps they have renovated the premises because the room we had [235] was in immaculate condition. It was roomy enough for two, had a 4-piece bath AND a separate sink and mirror outside the main bathroom so there was no hold up for make-up fixing or shaving. The room was quiet and we slept peacefully. At $100 it was a touch expensive but this is Jasper and this is the ski season.

• Liked — Room conditon
  • Disliked — It was located toward the south end of Jasper
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple