“Great value - pet friendly”
Review of Marmot Lodge

Marmot Lodge
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We were touring the Rockies with an old dog ( not my wife) and needed a last minute hotel room. Staff were very helpfull and were given a 'suite' on the ground floor. Price was $100 plus a small 'pet fee' and was very reasonable. Suite was spotless and had a seperate bedroom/ full kitchen and dining table plus chesterfied and chair. Bathroom was spotless and lots of towels etc. We did not use the hotel facilities ( pool/spa etc) but they reflected the overall condition of the hotel which we thought was very acceptable. We know that the time was off season but Jasper has a steady and continual tourist trade. We will certainly use this hotel in the future as we live in Vancouver and travel to the Rockies a number of times throuout the year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bothearlyretirement
There are newer reviews for Marmot Lodge

Reviewed October 12, 2009

We enjoyed our two night stay at Marmot Lodge. We have to admit that our first impressions were of a slightly dated motel and our ground floor room was pretty dark. But once we'd settled in we found the rooms are clean, very spacious and well equipped. All the staff were friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay enjoyable. The Lodge has an indoor pool and hot tub and a laundry - all of which are useful. It's probably worth noting that the Lodge is a good 10 - 15 minute walk into town. That said, there is a good bar and reasonable restaurant on site - again with really great staff. A good stop over.

1  Thank Riflerangeblues
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I had read mixed reviews about Marmot Lodge so it was with a bit of trepidation that we checked in. Friendly check in staff.

Our room was in the same building as the reception area on the first floor - the stairs and landings could do with some TLC but the room was absolutely fine - large and very clean. Added bonus was free WiFi in the room.

If you're looking for a 5 star hotel this is not the place for you. However if your looking for good, clean accomodation, then I would recommend the Marmot Lodge.

1  Thank elmac40
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We have stayed at Marmot a few times but always in September when the hotel is not as busy as summer months or ski season. We have always had a suite on the second floor, with kitchen, king bed, and fireplace and have found them to be clean, comfortable, quiet. and the beds have been great. However, this last stay we found the balcony covered with pine needles and bird excrement, so I don't think it ever gets vacuumed or cleaned very often, and the balcony door was extremely noisy opening and closing which I 'm sure disturbed the people below us. We were given a Senior's rate of $179 per night which I found to be a bit high, but it is what we expect to pay in Jasper. We would definatley to this property.

1  Thank PAdixie
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed here for two nights in July as part of our honeymoon in Canada / Hawaii. Not the most spectacular hotel from the outside but was fine for a short stay. The restaurant was good. Located within walking distance of Jasper.
Room was large and spacious but got very hot at night.
Would stay again but only for short time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RFKNorthernIreland
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I have never written a review of a hotel before but couldn't let this one slip by.
I booked a premium room at the Marmot and the one we got was 2nd floor in a building near the back of the hotel complex overlloking a building site; it's a series of buildings of what appears to be varying vintage and the one we were in must have been original. Although the room was large and fairly clean,the floors sloped severely in several different directions indicating some structural problem which gave me pause and the "rustic" furniture looked like something made by Canada's Worst Handyman! the balcony/deck looked like it had not been washed down since last winter and the table had used drinking glasses on it that looked as though they'd been there a long time.
When I called the desk to inquire if this was the right "premium" room, I was politely informed that, "yes, that was what I had booked" and when I inquired about the value based on what I'd paid and relative to Banff where I just came from, I was told that "this is Summer time in Jasper" I assume that meant there's no bargains; and they sure got that right. This place has been neglected and it shows but their rates don't reflect it.
The on-site restaurant did a very good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TriumphTRfix
Reviewed July 22, 2009

First off, Jasper is a beautiful town nessled into the mountains, with spectacular views, plentiful wildlife, and tons of outdoor adventure activities to enjoy. The town has a quiet cozy uncommercialized vibe. That said, I would recommend Jasper to anybody, however the Marmot Lodge is not the place to stay.

The rooms are very outdated, and could use some renos. The beds were terrible and definately need to be replaced. All 4 of us had terrible sleeps and we all woke up with sore backs. The pullout bed is rediculous I have no idea how people are expected to sleep on a bed that is sloped at a 15 degree angle.

We wanted a hotel with a pool which is why we stAyed there. The pool house is nice but the water definately could have used some tlc.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family