“Great value, big clean room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marmot Lodge

Marmot Lodge
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
“Great value, big clean room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Our newly renovated room was massive, new flat screen with lots of channels. Beds were big and comfortable, great size shower. Everything was very clean. Staff were very polite and helpful. Indoor pool, out door hot tub. 10 min walk into Center of Jasper, all for $99. Can't beat it. Recommend to all travelers!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here in May this year for 3 nights and to be honest I do not recognise it as the same place as the rest of the reviews. I did not expect much of Jasper as I had read that accommodation was expensive for what you got. We had previously stayed in Calgary and Banff and the rooms were absolutely amazing but when we got to Marmot Lodge it was even worse than I expected. The room was small and very dark. The door facing looked as though someone had tried to break in and I was not at all happy. In retrospect I should have complained but I thought it was just Jasper not realising that there were much better rooms. My husband and myself were so tired and hungry when we arrived we decided to go to the restaurant for something to eat having been told the food was really good. We were served in the bar as it was early and although service was quick the food was mediocre and over microwaved so we never ate in the motel again. My experience of this place was dire and I am just wish I had complained. We had booked through a reputable travel agent who chose this hotel on tripadvisor ratings and I just don't know why we were demoted to a poor room on this trip resulting in the only low point,of our otherwise amazing trip to Western Canada

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen B
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Marmot Lodge with my partner & Dad. We were able to secure the lovely Pyramid Suite for our stay which was wonderful. Darek was lovely upon check in. I don't think I have encountered better, or friendlier service from all the hotels I've stayed in over my travels.

The Pyramid suite is not one of the newly renovated rooms, so it has a more classical Canadian Rockies feel about it. There was a huge living area with a wood burning fireplace (I believe it is only this suite that has this fireplace, the others are gas or electric?) There was enough sitting room for a small group of people - we had some friends meet us in the room and it was very comfortable to have a drink before heading out for dinner. There are 2 separate bedrooms and an enormous bathroom with jacuzzi tub. We slept extremely well both nights we were there.

The lodge is about a 10-15 minute walk downtown for those happy to go for a stroll and enjoy the amazing scenery. Otherwise a taxi is about $6 and takes 2 minutes.

We had breakfast at Embers on our first morning and it was a great start to the day. The full buffet was $14 and had a great selection of food. Not to mention a great view of the mountains.
We ate at Anthony's on the second morning, which is part of the sister hotel, the Amethyst Lodge and tried the Mexican breakfast menu which was delicious.

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Marmot Lodge and highly recommend it for all travelling to Jasper. The Deluxe and Kitchens are the renovated rooms and they are beautiful (I asked to see one for next time). The staff were all lovely, the rooms immaculate and overall the best choice we could have made for our 2 nights in Jasper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank breezey103
wrexham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on our tour of the magnificant Rockies. Quiet lodge. Elk roaming freely. Constant hum of CN freight train but not disturbing. Very clean, 2 queen beds very comfy. Restaurant pricey but for a treat why not as food fab. Loced ded dog and whistler pubsIas felt at home. Good value. WeIdid the harley davidson bike trip, awesome. Did the trail number 8.very well sign posted. Did notIsee any bears, had a fab time.

Room Tip: Hot tub a bonus and pool very clean. Maybe ask for a bigger room at the back
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Marmot is an older facility that has been updated but still carries the stigma of its age. It is clean and many portions of its remodel were well done but it lacks the polish found in a new facility. For the price, it is a reasonable value and met my expectation.

1 Thank UWFootballFan
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were moved from the Jasper Chateau to the Marmot Lodge because they were renovatiing their accommodation - stayed there for two nights during our Rockie tour. What wonderful accommodation-not long renovated I am told, wonderful full length walk in shower, lovely room and flat screen TV, Bed was very comfortable, food in the restaurant was first class, reception team very good - I would have stayed longer in this lovely place. Yes it had a Motel look but that is where it ended. We walked into town and it does take a little while but found a great restaurant for breakfast on our last day (a tad cheaper than the lodge) but we only went out for a morning stroll. I enjoyed being a bit out of town away from the hustle and bustle and walking does you good. We are smokers and were allowed to smoke on the balcony which was great. Canadian laws re smoking need changing in outside areas. Thanks for a wonderful stay in a wonderful town. Would stay there longer if I ever got the chance.

Room Tip: We were in a far corner room at the swimming pool side upstairs looking west over a Mountain. A resi...
1 Thank fredasmith
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We spent a few nights at Marmot Lodge on our journey between Lake Louise and Whistler. On arrival the room was a bit musty and it seemed that the Air Con was not working, however, the Bathroom was spotless and the bedding was fresh.

When we mentioned the Air Con it was look at and fixed very quickly, after which the mustiness was much improved.

There is a coin operated Laundry on site, $2 for Wash Powder and the same for Washer and Dryer.

There is also a Steak/Grill Restaurant which seemed OK from the outside, we did not try it but good to know you do not need to travel into town to eat.

Its about a 20 min walk to town which is pleasant enough in good weather. There is a good Supermarket 10 mins into the walk called Robinsons (I think).

There are plenty of places to choose from for food in the town, weather that be for snacks, sandwiches or sit down dinner.

Jasper itself is a great place to stay close to just about anything outdoorsy that you may want to do. Plenty of Lakes, Trails, Hillwalking and Wildlife about in the summer.