“Good motel for a few nights in Jasper” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marmot Lodge

Marmot Lodge
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Jasper
London, United Kingdom
“Good motel for a few nights in Jasper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in Jasper during the week. The Marmot Lodge though not in the heart of the town is an easy 15 minute stroll from the high street.

Rooms were a good size. Clean. With fridge, microwave and tv. Beds were very comfy. There is also a swimming pool (indoor), Sauna and hot tub on site which are good for relaxing after a day of activity.

Staff were very helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank kbanyard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been trying to book a room at the Marmot Lodge, and no one can answer my questions. First, the girl who answered my call couldn't help me with an online booking question because, "I've never booked online before so I can't help you." I asked if there was someone there that could answer my question, which was not of a technical nature but rates and rooms not showing up on line, and she answered no. When I called back 10 minutes later, Jeremy answered and long story short, when I asked if I can put in a couple of requests for which room we'd like (as pursuant to TripAdvisor advice), he told me I could put the requests in but would not guarantee anything. I asked what if I book a room and we get there and we completely hate the room because it's one of the older, dumpier rooms overlooking a parking lot with tour buses and it's a noisy spot by ice machines, etc., etc., he said I'd have to take that up with the manager after booking in then. I said, meanwhile, we'd be sleeping in our car after paying an expensive rate?! He was of no help whatsoever. At all the hotels we book, we are always able to put in special requests and have them granted and is one of the reasons we book so far in advance. We travel a lot and it has not been an issue until now. In other words, it doesn't even pay to book way in advance because they don't decide who gets what room until you show up that day. This is a special trip for us as I have been waiting 20 years to see the Canadian Rockies, but staying in Jasper is beginning to sound trying.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank turks
Nadine M, Manager at Marmot Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello Turks Family
My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while trying to confirm your holiday.
We try to accommodate all requests and 99% of the time we are able to do so. We do not 100% guarantee requests as situations sometimes arise when we cannot guarantee multiple requests on each reservation on property. We assign rooms the day prior to arrival to maximize the length of stay per room.
As far as your reference to “dumpier” rooms, we regret that you feel this way. We feel that our standard rooms are well priced for the market and a good value for what you receive. You are of course free to book more preferred rooms – however of course these will come with an increase in the price. We are constantly upgrading our property to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible and price ourselves on providing superior service. If you would like to discuss this further or if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me directly at the Marmot Lodge.
Kind Regards,
Nadine
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went Sking at Marmot for the weekend and stayed at Marmot! We upgraded to the delux room! it was well worth the couple bucks! I had asked for a room on the back side away from the road. it's a 10min walk from the centre of town, but for me it didn't mater, there is free parking everywhere and I didn't have to deal with all the noise of the pubs! The beds were probably the best hotelroom beds we have slept in! There is a pool/hotub/sauna inside and outdoor hot-tub located in the middle of the complex. It's a motel style where you pull your car in, which is nice to have it outside your room! Very friendly staff, made sure we were very happy and even granted us a late check-out on the sunday! Will be staying here again for sure!

Room Tip: alwayts ask if they have any cheap/free upgrades availible! you never know what you will get!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lyndsy M
Burnham, Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We spent three nights here and found it clean and comfortable. The first two nights, Wednesday and Thursday, were very quiet, but on Friday the hotel became much busier and we started to experience the usual problem of motel-type accommodation (because that's what it is)- noise from adjacent rooms. As a result, I'm not sure that I would choose this hotel in high season. The restaurant and bar are very good, but, strangely, they were only open morning and evening. The staff, both in the hotel and restaurant/ bar, were very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Hector03
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Marmot Lodge is at the end of Town but walking distance as Jasper is only a small village walking up one side and back the other..The Lodge was clean and spacious enough for one or two nights but if you were spending more time would have liked it a little bigger. The staff were friendly and the restaurant was very nice and reasonable price wise. Except for sightseeing in a bus there is not a lot to see in Jasper itself the ski run was closed so cant comment on that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrianna742
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night with our dog and were impressed. For a great price we got a decent room with nicely renovated touches. Good mattress, new TV, new bathroom-just nice all around. Will definitely be back for the value and quality!

1 Thank IslandLifeis4Me
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After driving all day, being totally exhausted and not really knowing Jasper, I stopped at the Marmot Lodge. It was not the restful stay I needed. The room was cramped, hot and stuffy.
I think it's time for this hotel to have some updating or renovating. The room was not any different than the "average" motor inn. The price you pay for a room here must be due to some "past glory" or "location" because it certainly was not for anything special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank wej2011
Nadine M, Manager at Marmot Lodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hello WEJ2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and my sincerest apologies that your stay was less than adequate. We make every effort to insure all guests enjoy their stay with us. Of our 107 rooms, our recent renovations include standard room washrooms (49 rooms), completed Dec. 2011, all deluxe rooms completely renovated (27 rooms) completed May of 2012, and currently we are completely renovating 14 of our kitchen rooms. We are committed to providing a superior product and hope that you will consider us again when coming through Jasper.