Marmot Lodge
$116
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
1,005 results
All reviewsembers restauranthot tubmotel styleseparate buildingminute walk into towndeluxe roomindoor poolonsite restaurantstayed here for nightsrocky mountaineerthe main streetcomfortable bedswould definitely stay here againthe air conditioningthe ground floornice roomone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This hotel is situated at entrance in town of Jasper from Edmonton. I stayed few times there mainly taking in consideration price. The hotel is nothing to be excited just a clean room where to sleep. It has exterior corridor access hence just windows facing the exterior corridor. If you plan to spent some time at hotel than this is probably not the best choice, although there is a hot tub and a swimming pool with Jacuzzi and sauna but they are situated in some annex building so you need to get outside your room to use these facilities.It is OK in summer but not OK in winter at -30C.
Anyway if you are looking just for a decent place to sleep this is not a bad choice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank carmencita12300
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The heated pool and indoor jacuzzi were nice after a day of hiking and exploring. Our room (123) was right across from the pool which made the freezing wet walk in a bathing suit and Kodiaks more tolerable. We never got a chance to try the outdoor jacuzzi as there was one group that was consistently in it all afternoon.

Embers, the restaurant at the lodge has a decent breakfast buffet. $9 for continental and $14 for eggs and sausage. It was okay for an early morning wake up when nothing else was open, but The Other Paw Bakery is by far a better option. Their suppers were decent, but again, there area lot of better options in Jasper.

The rooms were cleaned quickly considering we were there during a long weekend. The pillows were soft, the internet is free, and really, what more can you ask for?

The only reason I can see that the Marmot Lodge might not work for everyone is if you are planning on walking throughout Jasper. There are quite a few Hotels and Lodges between here and the town. Not so bad in the summer, but at -30, it was mighty unpleasant. Gorgeous view of the mountains though, and a grassy park right across the street with benches to sit and enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndreannaMC
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed with my 6 year old son on a father/son skiing weekend. The hotel itself is average, outside access rooms, every room has a mini fridge which was great for breakfast and packed lunches. Ours had 2 twin beds but there are ones with 1 king, average comfort level. The pool was good as long as you got there early, by 5 or 6pm all the skiers decended upon the pool and hot tub. The change room was freezing, not sure why.... The hotel is on the edge of town so we mostly drove into the main strip, but definately within walking distance. Front desk was helpful and accomodating.

For $80/night it was definately a good value but it does attract the young travellers who like to party into the wee hours of the night. The room walls are thin and interestingly enough, the outside wall was the thinnest because I could hear all the partying that was happening right outside my room. Good thing my son was asleep, but the teens outside were very loud after 11pm. No partying the second night though which was good.

The high speed internet, although free, was slow at best. Maybe where I was located, but again very slow most of the time. Used it mainly to check out weather conditions. Tried to use it for a video conference back home to the rest of the family and wasn't up to the task.

If you are looking for a no frills hotel while you are skiiing, and a good value, this is the place. Overall, a decent stay, we would stay again but perhaps ask for the second floor to avoid the loud people outside, but then loading up in the morning for skiing is slightly more difficult.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pank
MarmotManager, Manager at Marmot Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am glad that you feel we offer good value accommodation, but I am also sorry to hear that your sentiment was somewhat weakened by being disturbed by other guests. Jasper’s clientele mainly consist of skiers in the winter, and crowded pools and parties can sometimes occur in ski resort hotels. This is not specific to the Marmot Lodge. Our security team patrols the property at night to ensure a quiet environment for everyone, and they are just a radio call away should we need to interfere on a loud bunch. I appreciate that you mentioned the issues with our wireless Internet connection and note that it has been corrected. We will be happy to accommodate you on the second floor next time, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I recentely stayed at this hotel with colleagues. We were there two nights and ate four meals at the restaurant (all buffet). Best prime rib ever. The rooms were very clean and the Pool was the nicest pool I have ever swam in. Very warm & clean. They have two hot tubs as well. It is a short walk to Jasper town center.

The only complaint I have about this hotel is the bus parking. Buses should not be allowed to park along the rooms. They arrive early for skiers - back up and make alot of noise. They should have an allocated bus area away from the rooms.

The staff were really friendly and very helpful. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2010

This hotel was very nice. We have stayed at many "motels" over the years and this one was very nice. Especially when you consider the price ($75 / night) We stayed with our dogs and of course we were placed in a corner suite. I have stayed in a number of motels where the corner suites are always cold. but this room had a heater on every outside wall, which kept the room very warm.

Everything was clean and the staff was friendly.

My only complaints were that the double beds are not nearly big enough. My husband and I each slept in our own bed. As well as the resturant for dinner was over priced (we never ate there). But the Buffet breakfast was good and only $14 pp

Also, to mention... before you go to the pool, go to the front desk for towels.

The outdoor hot tub was really nice... except you should have shoes when walking between the hot tub and the pool as they put salt down to melt the ice (not so great for your feet) But the hot tub was actually hot.

All in all I would most definately stay there again!

On our last night a pack of moose camped out on our front lawn. There were there from about 9pm to 9am. They were 100m from our door so it was really nice to watch them just hanging out!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
MarmotManager, Manager at Marmot Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Hello! Thank you very much for your positive comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to catch a glimpse of wildlife from your room! With respect to the double beds, those are standard size double beds, but we do have many rooms with queen size and king size beds for next time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marmot Lodge and wish you all the best for 2011!