My boyfriend and I & our 2 friends stayed here for three nights from December 27th - 30th 2006.
There were 4 of us (adults) & we had booked a junior suite which we thought would be suitable as there were shutters which could be pulled out to seperate the main bedroom from the lounge. In reality, there was little point in this as the room was very small & with only staying there for 3 nights we decided to leave the sofa made up rather than make a sofa bed (you'd have to make it up everyday or you'd have no space in the room) & just used the 2 beds, which were King sized & extremely comfortable!!! The rooms were nice, just small compared to what we'd been expecting. The maid always tidied the room & was very thorough.
The concierge were extremely helpful before we arrived, booking us several trips (via e-mail) & also answering any questions we had. Once we arrived everything was waiting for us (tickets etc) & they'd even booked us a ski lesson at Marmot Basin - the Fairmonts at both Lake Louise & Banff wouldn't do this as it was through another company, so Jasper went out of their way to help.
The main hotel complex was lovely and in great condition. The restaurants served good food - breakfast was $25 per person for a full buffet which had a wide range of hot & cold foods, or $18 for the continental. There was a deli if you didn't want a big breakfast. The Emerald Lounge was excellent for an evening meal, we had the 'Bison Burger' which is thoroughly recommended!! You can also take a taxi into Jasper & there are alot of restaurants there. In the day you can walk, it takes abour 1 hour.
We later travelled to Lake Louise & Banff & Jasper was definitely alot quieter. There's lots to do - we did the Maligne Canyon Icewalk ($50 each) & then did some skiing, but you can also ski on Lake Mildred which is right by the hotel. If you want somewhere with stunning scenery & without alot of other visitors, Jasper is definitely the place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge welcomes you to the Grand Rocky Mountain Lodge Experience. The charming cabins and rustic elegance make it the embodiment of peace, tranquility and natural beauty. Enjoy great golf, a luxury Spa, spectacular outdoor adventure opportunities, uncrowded ski slopes and fine cuisine at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont